Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tis The Season...

Today I have done some more shouting.
The postman this time.
I sat and watched him lean his bike against my wall, anticipating the doorbell I got up.
Bills and the ‘while you were out’ card dropped on the mat.
I was out of the door and down the road after him.
“Oi! Oi! Don’t ignore me I won’t go away. What’s this bollocks?” I asked, waving the card at him.
“You never touched my bell you idle fucker and OBVIOUSLY I AM in!”
He just stared at me.
I stared back.
He put his bike between us.
“Give me my parcel then!”
He didn’t have it. It never left the Post Office.
The bastards.
I went to get it, expecting it to weigh a tonne.
When they handed it to me, it was so fucking light my arms felt filled with Helium.

I’ve definitely bolloxed my karma with Housemate Pat.
She cooked the absolute worst smelling dish I have ever had the misfortune to breathe in.
I cannot even begin to describe it but the stench made me angry.
Crisp-e is the only other person I have seen get ragey about a smell!
I sat and fumed until I heard her go into the shower.
Waiting until I was sure she was soaped up, I went and flushed the downstairs lav, turned the hot tap in in there, the utility room and kitchen.
Utter arsehole-ness but I just couldn’t help myself.
I’ll take the karmic bitch slap.

4 comments:

Grey Area said...

It's not the postie's fault - I have the same problem here, they have ganged all the operations around so your normal postman does not carry parcels anymore - just the cards. he is now obliged to carry tons of junk mail and shite that generates revenue.

My postie spends his life apologising

Sleepy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sleepy said...

I must admit he wasn't my usual postie.
My usual postie does deliver a lot of junk shite but when he does have a parcel he manages to knock the door without it sounding like a police raid.
That alone will earn him a Tenner from me this Christmas.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh my god!!!!!! THAT is fecking unbelievable! I bet they do that all the time and who would know? Wow.