Wednesday, July 09, 2008

From Laundry Woes To Bothersome Breasts




I’ve been in Wiltshire for a few days with the Gorgeous Hounds.
Had a really calm and gentle time.
I return and I’m wound up in under an hour.

The sink is unblocked and properly fixed at long last.
I arranged for a plumber to call 9am Saturday morning, when I wouldn’t be here.
Worth every penny of the forty quid it cost.
I knew there would be karmic repercussions but I didn’t care.
We had a bizarre conversation when he came to price up the job.
Being my usual Aspergers self I said,
“Oh! You’re not Polish!”
“No, I’m a twin” was his reply.
There really is no answer to that, so I showed him the sink.

Back to today’s wind up.
I have worn that special face you wear when staring at one of your ‘expensive to replace’ white goods, pleading with it not to be banjaxed.
Yep, I think the washing machine may be mortally wounded.
It loudly beeped its Error Code 20 shit every 7 minutes through the 54 minute cycle.
Then with six minutes to go it stopped and is holding my white wash hostage as I type.
There are only a number of times you can scream, “Fucking don’t you dare fuck up now!” at a machine before you look demented to the neighbours.
Mrs Next Door With The Kids half smiled and half waved when I noticed her at their kitchen window.
I gave up and went to Sassy’s for a calming cup of Earl Grey and some light weeding.

Fortunately, I found this and it’s had me smiling.
Genius use of ‘bothersome’ breasts!
Which led to the disturbing/comforting article.
The kind you find yourself reading with a squint, as if half closing your eyes ‘lessens it’ somehow.
Which reminds me, does anyone else shout “Christ! NO!” at the television when that Advert comes on?
I hate it so much I can’t remember what they are trying to sell.
It might be deodorant.
Straight people snogging is bad enough, but geriatric, snogging straight people?
Please!
Am I allowed to be offended?
Especially as ‘they’ pulled the Heinz ad for a kiss.
Check his leg coming back down afterwards.
Brilliant!
I'm off to Wales at the weekend, I feel a 'walkabout' coming on. More on that later.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Shrooming?

Hurray for the over 70s!

The bothersome breasts article kept sending some annoying pop-up, so I had to abandon reading it.

Liked the plumber convo;)
No doubt the bat shits have scuppered the washing machine.

Sleepy said...

A tad early for shrooming, but always worth a look!

Schneewittchen said...

We seem to have two crops in the park, just before I came over they had popped up everywhere and of course in the autumn - odd and it would be fair to say that the red and white ones didn't appear.

I also wondered about the light weeding, whether it involved pulling weeds up or smoking it gently...

Sleepy said...

'Light Weeding' combines the two activities!