Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rent And Tunes

Today is rent day.
I wanted to go out and buy a few bits but couldn’t be arsed with going to the cash point.
Usually Housemate P appears about 10am and hands it over.
No problem.
Not today.
I hate having to ask so I had a touch of the ‘Gwen Guthrie’s’ instead.
It must have done the trick; she appeared at 1.30pm with a fist full of 20’s!

The Big little brother popped in the other night. I love seeing him.
He must have lost over three stone in weight and looks amazing.
We did the usual ‘have a smoke and put the world to rights’ thing.
As ever, we discussed music.
The subject of songs that have been ruined for you came up.
Songs you used to love to bits but can no longer listen to because of a negative association.
The fraternal one can no longer listen to Enigma because of the loony ex girlfriend, NUTtasha!
I have the same thing with Drag by kd Lang because of a ‘bit of fun turned stalker’ situation.
Then there are the songs ruined by someone singing different words and the wrong ones staying with you, forever.
“Someone Shaved My Wife Tonight” by Elton John being mine.
Although, Kokoma will never, ever be the same again!

Walking along Rue Albert this evening I saw a huge black bloke, wearing a pink sleeveless shirt and white linen trousers.
He was wired for sound and doing the full on dance from the ipod adverts.
He was excellent, if a little out of place!

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ha! The black guy doing the i-pod shuffle sounds the biz.

Oh! Big Little Brother. Someone in a film reminded me of him t'other day, Darnit! If only I could remember what or who it was!
It'll come to me.

Sleepy said...

Right in front of the Wedge!
Class!