Sunday, October 25, 2009

The 30th Sunday Of The Year

I have decided that I am not suited to the 10.15am ‘Children Screaming’ Mass.
It’s going to be the 8.30am ‘Geriatric’ Mass from now on.
Of the four hymns, I knew one. I’m far too morose for that Happy Clappy shit.
It’s all too distracting.
When I found myself wondering if Ryan Giggs would get his 100th League goal against Liverpool, or what would go with Sheherazade as a middle name, I knew it was time for a change.

At the end, there was a brief mention of the Protestants, Anglicans, or whatever the fuck they call themselves, becoming Catholics.
I’m not sure what his point was but he went on about them being like the Coptic’s or Eastern Orthodox types.
All I was thinking was,
‘Fuck off! Fuck off! Why the fuck should we have them?’
Then I got that Statue of Liberty quote bouncing around my head, ‘Give me your tired, your poor..’.
I can see his Nazi-ness on the balcony overlooking the square saying,

“Give me your bigots, your misogynists, heretics yearning to breathe free incense.
The wretched Apostates of your teeming Synods send these, the homophobic, intemperate tossers to me.”

Yeah. Great.
Like there aren’t enough of those in the Catholic Church already.
Could give a nice loophole for a married Priesthood though.
They just have to be ordained as a Vicar first, get married, then ‘convert’.
I know my Proddy and/or Anglican friends will be delighted at the chance to get rid of their twats but can’t they just fuck off on their own somewhere?

I don't have much to say about the Nick Griffin/BNP/Question Time thing, not because I don't have an opinion about it but because of the quote attributed to Voltaire,
"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."
To be honest, I'd rather have my racists out in the open. He'll draw them out for us.
The BNP aren't getting more members, it's just they are 'coming out' now.
Having watched Question Time quite a few times I have to admit I've never seen a more ethnically diverse audience, ever.


I caught enough of Blade 3 last night to hear one of my favourite insults.
“….. you cock juggling, thunder cunt!”.
Lovely.
I hope that sticks in my head somewhere and comes out years from now.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Well, I must admit, until our recent convo prior to your visiting Father Prick, plus that excerpt from a speech by Joan Chittister, I had pretty much thought of the Catholic church as a reasonable cesspit into which we could jettison all our dross and that eventually there would be some good people coming the other way, and then all would be right. Now I think differently. I don't however, have an answer to where they should go, although here, we have a number of very right-wing so called 'Evangelical' churches, or maybe I should say, 'churches' that could probably take them in.
Margaret and I went to lunch today with a visiting vicar and her partner, and they said they had been to a service at our rival proddy church. It had been billed as 'very multi-cultural', so they were both surprised and not surprised on entering it to see that there was indeed a diversity of ethnicity - with all of them on one side of the church, and all the white folks on t'other.

Sleepy said...

OH MY G-D!
Really? Separate sides?

Have noticed a lot of Mayhem staffers at St Swiv's recently.
They must be thinking of schools for their kids!

Grey Area said...

I wish you posted more often, that was a work of art.

I just babble endlessly to avoid doing any work and occasionally post pictures of puppies.

Schneewittchen said...

Puppies or bunnies Richard? Puppies or bunnies? Hmmm? What? OH...THOSE sort of puppies, I see. Mmmm. Right.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

I've never hear you complain before!!!