Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday 29th October


This week both Schnee and Depesando have shown childhood photos on their blogs.
So here is my offering.



I was four and a half and it is my first ever school photo.
Thanks to head lice, I didn’t have to suffer all that hair for too long.
If you look closely, it also shows evidence of that ‘Stealth Ginger’ gene I’ve told you about.
That now, thanks to a badly designed reproductive and endocrine system, is coming out in my ‘Beard’.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, I have fucking random hairs on my fucking face!

I remember the picture being taken like it was yesterday.
Him - Say cheese!
Me - Why?
Him - Just say cheese, there’s a good girl.
Me - Ok. But why?
Him - *Sigh* It’s to make you smile.
Me - But it’s not funny.
Him - It’s not a joke. It’s to make your mouth make a smiley shape.
Me - I can do that on my own, why don’t you just say ‘Smile please’?
(At this point the just stared at me for ages.)
Me - Shall I smile now?
Him - *Sigh* Yes please.

It’s weird looking at this picture because I don’t recognise the kid at all.
I don’t have that nose anymore. Stepfather number 1, hockey and boxing have changed that beyond all recognition.
The eyes are different, I don’t know why, less tired I suppose.

I am off to Cork in the morning for a 50th Birthday party, which ‘isn’t a party but a family gathering’ but IS in fact, a party.
Just because Mr Quinn keeps repeating that it is not a party doesn’t actually make it so.

A gift from Mad Matt. I think he may have hit on the supplies for Halloween next year.
I love the warning on the packaging!










3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Is that....a scorpion in an IV bag? Personally, I'm hoping for one of these

And the photo of you? Well, if I mentally photoshop, yes, I guess. It doesn't really look like you and yet..it does.

Sleepy said...

Scorpion in a lolly!

Some Chilean Woman said...

I love that photo! And I love the fact that you talk about your random facial hair. I have two blond hairs on my cheek, it's really sassy.