Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Reunited

The school reunion.
Well, it wasn’t quite as I had expected.
I got hold of my best mate from that time and we went together.
She made me promise not to punch anyone as she is still pretty shite at fighting, as I did it all at school.
We fortified ourselves with Vodka and arrived about an hour into proceedings.
As we walked through the door C calls, ‘eyes left’ and there they were.
Our bullies.
By the time we got to the bar our faces hurt from grinning.
We ordered our drinks, turned to each other, chinked glasses and toasted,
‘THEY ARE FUCKING FAT!’
There is a possibility that we may have done a little dance on the spot too!
We knew we were in for a good night.
One tried to stare for a while until I mouthed, ‘Problem?’ and she didn’t look at us again.
I bumped into two of my early forays into the world of lesbianism.
Got a number from one and a partial fumble from the other!
It surprised us both how well remembered we were.
We cried with laughter when some of the lard arses got up to strut their funky stuff to ‘Tainted Love’.
C and I waded in amongst them and swung are slender hips to Madness, to the cheers and applause of the 1985 Hockey team.

The Deputy Head came and found me while I was having a smoke.
‘Sleepy McTired?’
I laughed and told him I used to be.
‘I remember you. You had a fucking horrible childhood. I’ll never forget the day your Mother and your uncle dragged you out of school. I saw the state of you when you came back. I’m so very sorry.’
He patted me on the shoulder told me it was good to see me looking so well and fucked off.
I swear to Christ I was stood there with my mouth hanging open.
Somehow I was convinced no one knew just how shit it all was back then.
Floored me a bit.

Nothing much has changed.
The Catholic Church is still hating me and I’m hating it right back.
Father P thinks he can refuse to hear my confession, I will be disabusing him of this in a few hours.
I urge you all to read Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy.

4 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Sounds like you had a good time!

I don't understand the whole confession thing at all, that's why I keep a blog!

Sleepy said...

SCW.. Think of confession as the 'unbloggable blog'...

Schneewittchen said...

There must be something in the air with all these surprising reactions....

Schneewittchen said...

Oh and...totally unrelated to anything you've written here - well, I guess you did mention lesbianism - but 13 should so go back to being one, this whole Foreman thing just has no dynamic to it.