Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bored On Sunday

Today I walked out of Mass after his sermon because, in all honesty, I’d lost the will to live.
As my heart wasn’t in it anymore it seemed rude to stay.
I was so bored.
Maybe I’m wrong and it has been known, but I thought the sermon bit was supposed to explain the readings bit and then tell you how to apply it.
Not sit there and more or less repeat it again but in ‘easier’ language.
Fuck off you lazy bastard!
I’m not fucking deaf! I heard it the first time round and if I WERE deaf, repeating it is STILL no fucking help.
I’m not fucking stupid either! I understood the words the first time round too.
Perhaps he was saving the shit kicking one for the 10.15 service but somehow, I doubt it.

At the risk of being unpopular, I think the Earthquake was the best thing to happen to Haiti.
It was an absolute shithole of a place before the quake.
Horribly poor people living a third world life 60 miles off the coast of the USA.
For years, organisations have been trying to get their ‘debt’ dropped.
Nothing.
NOW, something will be done for these people.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. Many of the Canadians who have been lost or airlifted out of Haiti, including 80 RCMP officers, were already there doing humanitarian work, in the case of the RCMP, education.
Andrea was in Haiti in November, visiting churches doing outreach work. None of their work was missionary in the sense of conversion, it was all dealing with people with addictions, the poor, with education. Now all of the houses and buildings she visited have gone.
I think that the money pouring in will simply be swallowed up in rescuing people, digging through rubble, re-building what was there before. It would be wonderful if the survivors did end up with an improvement in their infrastructure somehow, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, but as for walking out after the sermon, I should have done the same yesterday (visiting vicar, nice but fairly lacking in content), I could have saved myself a whole pile of poo.

Sleepy said...

Yep.. A shithole before the quake.

Yeah! Walk out.. Why put yourself through it?!
Where's the vicar?

Schneewittchen said...

She was there, but she had a visiting vicar doing the sermon and giving out the bread.

Schneewittchen said...

Nah, can't say the visiting one was shit, just not particularly engaging, but had I given up and left, I would have missed the bit where some bloke seriously pissed me off then tried to claim it was my fault. I can't be dealing with that passive-aggressive bs.