Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ho Hum

Yesterday, due to a refit and staff shortages, the Tame Pharmacist begged me to go to work with her.
After hours of whining and a promise of TOTAL silence through Spurs matches until the end of the season, I agreed.
I unloaded drug deliveries, checked them off a list, slung some in the Dispensary and stacked the others.
It was so far beyond boring my brain must have shut down in shock because I can’t tell you a single fucking thought I had all day except one.
“Mmmmm.. Here I am the result of an expensive education and I’m playing Jenga with boxes of pills that make you piss..”
Some people get a lot of satisfaction from stacking shelves and making things tidy.
I am not one of them.
Thank Christ for the Spotify application on my phone and some particularly ‘active’ weed.
It also reminded me that I am better off not being around people.
Especially women of a ‘certain age’.

The day before that I had a total ‘Bleugh’ moment in Lidl.
Usually I love Lidl but as I looked down at my trolley-full, a wave of ‘I just can’t be fucking arsed’ washed over me.
The thought of having to take all of it out just to pile it all back in again made me seriously consider abandoning the trolley and going home.
Two things stopped me:
1. I was starving and there was nothing in the house.
2. I wanted my quid back out of the trolley.

I need the Olympics to start... Soon!

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

But,but....we're all women of a certain age!
I've never been in Lidl.
I loved the line 'a wave of 'I just can't be fucking arsed' washed over me,' because that so describes that feeling. Sadly, I think it's partly a 'certain age' feeling.

Seriously, this could mean so many things, wv=juwoom.

Sleepy said...

Yeah, Yeah... I suppose we are...
Fuck it, I'm still in my 30's!

Some Chilean Woman said...

My manager super OCD, she is always trying to rearrange the supplies closet and complains that she is the only one that does it. It's clean, it's tidy, just leave it alone! I hate stacking shelves and making things tidy in the workplace because no matter what it's never going to be good enough so I just don't bother anymore. I answer the phone and try to look busy instead, I'm a people person.