Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grey And White

It has been such a grey day. Utterly grey.

I have a friend who comes from County Offaly, which if you’ve never been, is the brownest place on earth.

My friend claimed that the inhabitants had has many words for brown as the Inuit have for snow.

The ‘British’ should have as many for grey; but other than different spelling I can’t for the life of me think of anything other than ‘Battleship’ and ‘Gun Metal’.


Last weekend the laptop finally died.

It had been showing signs of illness for a few days which gave me a chance to back shit up before the blue screen moment.

I now have a MacBook.

I know! I know! You’ve all heard me rant about the imac and how I can’t work it.

When the man in the shop told me that I’d have to learn Windows 7 more or less from scratch I decided, ‘Fuck it! Might as well learn the Apple stuff’.

So that is what’s happening at the moment.

It is proper sexy though! Depesando had me bang to rights when he suggested I might be ‘running my fingers over it going Ahhhhhh’.

I don’t even skin up on it! (There must be at least an eighth in the old one)

During the horrendously frustrating hour trying to get it hooked up to the wifi I got this text from Crisp-e after asking him if he knew what to do.


“Ok. Does Claire know how to? I gotta be honest, when I tried to do mine I lost my temper to the point where Mrs Crisp-e had to take over. Really frustrating. You need Claire, TP or Mrs Crisp-e. Peeps who can be bothered to read through all of the shit and work it out.”


Are we too alike or does he know me TOO well?! Mmmm...


This morning I had a coal delivery from, quite possibly, the oldest coalmen still working.

Their combined age was at least 130 and I carried most of it myself for fear they would die in my hallway.


I have also spent some time in Wiltshire with the hounds.

GAWJUS! As ever.



8 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Dove grey, iron grey (gay), old washing grey (I made that one up, but it should exist), John Major grey (ok, that one too), graphite, storm, elephant grey, oh, you're right, the list is endless. I love colours, even grey.

I want Windows 7, but then I am the only person on the planet who loves Vista.

Schneewittchen said...

Ooh! Earl Grey!
No, I s'pose not....

wv = ginglavo. Must be where redheads do their washing....

Sleepy said...

Stirling effort!

Sassygril said...

Gooseshit grey (seriously, there is an 18th century paint with this name), Lady Grey (thanks Schnee...) rollneck angora jumper grey (one of the staples of a decent wardrobe :-))... I could get the Farrow and Ball colour card out...Great to see that you sorted the laptop question and sorry I wasn't much help given that everything I use is courtesy of my employer which isn't necessarily a recommendation! Are you up for some cat sitting? I'm going to Brizzol on Sun pm until Weds pm - are you free for cat befriending?

Sleepy said...

Not entirely sure 'rollneck angora jumper' grey is an "Actual" colour, rather a lifestyle choice.

Of course I'll feed Hinge.

Grey Area said...

commuter grey

middle management grey

systems analyst grey

bedlington grey

Sleepy said...

Liking Middle Management grey!

Gail said...

Vancouver sky