Thursday, August 06, 2009

Atomic Cat

It doesn't matter how many times I see this picture, or others like it, I get goosebumps.
One, because it is just such an awesome sight; and two, I can't believe we actually did it.

I went to the Church discussion about the new Papal Encyclical.
Fuck... Me...
I can't go into it because I'm horrifically stoned and quite calm but this should give you some idea.
Older woman... "I was at a meeting this week where we were voting whether there should be a safe house for Prostitutes. I voted against it because people shouldn't just be sleeping with whoever they like."
My jaw dropped and I did that thing where you look round to see if someone else is mirroring your face.
Everyone was sagely nodding except the priest, who was looking straight at me.
I blinked a few times and the colour drained from his face. My mouth had gone dry.
I couldn't let it go.
"So, let me get this right, you voted against a safe place for abused and exploited women to go because you think they are having sex out of choice? Because they enjoy the act?"
Three people started talking at once, changing the subject.
I looked at the priest and shook my head.
Now I have their measure, I'll definitely be going back.

Kenny is back from the vets.
He has had a liver biopsy and all sorts of tests.
His Gall Bladder is banjaxed but they don't like to operate because of piss poor survival rates.
The biopsy results will be in on Monday.
At the moment he is extremely bald and very, very cross.
He is also totally unaware of what a litter tray is for and is curled up asleep in it.
Prick.


He is still looking very yellow. Poor, Baldy boy.



4 comments:

Crisp-e said...

The poor boy, I really hope he gets through this.

On the church thing: sounds like you've discoverd a social club!

Sleepy said...

Me too.

I won't be tolerated there long mate!
2 more meetings should do it.

Schneewittchen said...

Bloody good job mate!!!! Someone needed to say something. Jesus H. Christ, how and why do women continue to blame other women for every-fucking-thing? AND how do these people get through the warp in time? Seriously? How does that happen? I mean, they cannot have spent their lives on the same planet that you and I live on, with TV and media and everything.
Jeez.
Makes me SO CROSS!!!! (And not the kind people were crucified on).

Some Chilean Woman said...

Poor kitty!

I would have joined that argument with you! Sheesh!