Sunday, August 16, 2009

A week In August

It's been quite a week.
I've had to have my cat put down.
Have had a threatening email from solicitors about my blog.
I know? Who'd have thought it!
Couldn't give a fuck though. My gripe was with his Dad, the Vicar.
Fortunately, the good people at 'Spitting Image' summed that one up for me!
Like a give a flying fuck about, Catholic educated, hypocritical, inadequate piece of shit that he spawned!

The rest of my week in pictures.
If it's fruit or veg; Yep, I grew it!



Plums are looking good!




My first ever 'Pumpkin' affair!
Thank you Mr & Mrs Crisp-e for the birthday seeds!
The seeds are called Baby something or other, so it's supposed to look like this.


This is my first attempt at Kohl Rabi.
Not Bad eh?
They seem to be doing nothing for ages them all of a sudden.
Boom!
Kohl Rabi.
Now I have to work out what the fuck to do with them.


The tomatoes are coming thick and fast.
I've given a load away and still have these.
Tomorrow I'm making Gazpacho!



I also had my first attempt at bread rolls.

Had a horrible nightmare last night.
I dreamt I was pegging the washing out and could hear a cat crying.
Suddenly I realised it was Kenny and that I had buried him alive.
Frantically, I started digging him up, only to get him to the surface JUST too late.
I woke up shaking, in a cold sweat.


BUT

The football season really began today and my boys won!
2 - 1 against Liverpool.
Much joy.

3 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Those rolls look amazing! Share the recipe!

Some Chilean Woman said...

That's ok, I have converter shit.

Sleepy said...

150ml Milk
90ml Water
50g Butter
375g Plain Flour
15g Granulated Sugar
5g Yeast
Quarter tsp Salt
1 Egg

Heat milk, water and the butter in a small pan until just warm.

Put half the flour and all of the yeast,sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
Add milk mixture and egg and mix well.
Stir in the remaining flour 2 tbsps at a time. Mixing well each time.

Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for about 10mins or until 'elastic'.

Divide into 8 portions and shape into smooth balls.
Put on a greased baking sheet, flatten slightly - cover with damp teatowel and leave to rise for 30mins.

Oven = 200c, 400f, Gas mark 6.
Bake for 10-12mins.

(I found the dough was a little sticky and added a bit more flour)

Hope they work out for you!