Saturday, November 07, 2009

Hoovers, Impulse Buys And Lamb

After dropping the Hoover down the stairs and discovering the goodies hidden within, I decided today that I would use one of the accoutrements.
Could I work out how to get the bastard open? Could I fuck!
So after snapping off a sliver of plastic and bending another bit ‘til the coloured changed to white, I did the only thing left to me and launched the fucker down the stairs.
Voila!

Crisp-e text me from Ikea to ask if I needed anything.
Now this is a strange question, especially when Ikea is involved.
Do I ‘need’ anything? No, not really.
Do I ‘want’ anything? Yes! Yes I do.
It’s similar to the difficulty I have judging that extremely fine line between boredom and hunger. I sent him a photo of the spice jars I should have bought more of last time and the message, “2 packs please! X”
Well, it would’ve been churlish not to.


This is what is for dinner tomorrow.
Lidl half leg of lamb with lemons, limes, coriander, thyme and a bit of rosemary.
It will be cooked on low overnight and be just about fucking gorgeous tomorrow.
I'm going to do Garlic roast potatoes, some homegrown carrots braised in wine and honey and whatever else I can think of.
Yummers!





5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

It would indeed have been rude and churlish not to have Crisp-e bring back those spice jars. AND it is important to buy stuff from Ikea. The more you buy from Ikea in Europe, the more likely it is that they will last out here in the colonies. And Ikea HAS to stay, I NEED Ikea. In fact, I've been today.

Sleepy said...

We will continue our efforts in travelling to Southampton, so that you keep your Ikea in Vancouver!

Some Chilean Woman said...

I am drooling! Coriander is my favorite!

Sleepy said...

We finished it a couple of hours ago and it was very, very tasty!
I wish I'd photographed it before we tucked in!

Schneewittchen said...

The ex-pat community salutes you:))