Thursday, March 20, 2008

Positive, Negative And Eeeeesh

At last something positive has come from belonging to Genes Reunited.
I discovered that the person my Grandfather called his ‘Step-sister’ was his ‘Half-sister’, they shared the same father.
She is still alive and living in Cambridge.
Tuesday I met her daughter.
She is just as interested in discovering the family story as me.
I did catch myself staring at her, looking for familiarities in her face and I’m sure she did the same.
I now have a copy of my Great grandfather’s birth certificate and, at last, can confirm he was born in Cork.
The other breakthrough is I now have my Great Great Grandparent’s names.
The irony of this won’t be lost on all of you.
My Great Grandfather was an Inspector of Schools and his Father was a Chemist!
I was on the point of giving up but the search is now back on.

I got an email this evening that involved changing a letter in a word and punting it on.
Feeling a little bit wicked I made sure I sent it to all the dyslexics I know!
I hate those ‘chain letter’ email things; they should bollocks it right up!
Then my Big little brother infected me with some kind of MSN spyware.
It trawled my address book and got up to mischief.
See, instant karma, for letting the dyslexics loose on the internet scrabble thing.

This is a cracker..
The story aside, check out the picture.
What are they doing to the eyes?
Isn’t the whole point of what she’s wearing that we don’t see her?
Even if it were an actual photo of the woman, you’d have to have some sort of fucking Autism to recognise and identify an individual woman from Bangladesh.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Well good on the courts for once!

Sleepy said...

Even for them it had to be a no brainer.
Surely?

Schneewittchen said...

Egh...doesn't seem to work like that with the courts always, you know, rape victims getting blamed for being raped etc.

Also....brilliant about meeting new/old relly. Pretty exciting methinks.

Sassygril said...

Cool! And the iron was not lost. Funnily enuf, my great grandfather was a chemist. He was a bigamist too and did time in Brixton nick!

I thought the comments on the story were as Daily Mail as you'd expect. What I find interesting in these kinds of cases are the Muslims who say that the claims to Sharia law are absolutely bogus. Makes me curious to know more about Sharia if people can have such different interpretations.

Sassygril said...

You at home or ooop north, lass? I'm still beavering away (oh god...not the right term...) so do feel free to disturb before you depart.