Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Smiley Day

Housemates, now most of you have achieved ‘Sociable Kitchening’ Level 2; Washing up after your sorry arsed self.
I would like to suggest aiming for Level 3; Putting the bastard stuff away.
Not knowing where it goes is no excuse because you knew where it lived to get it out!
Neither is ‘draining’, once the stuff is actually dry.
Also, is it only me who finds it unacceptable to put things away wet?
It takes lazy to a new height and skanky into the stratosphere.

My friend from yesterday visited again today.
Her son wrote back to her with his phone number and she contacted him!
It went really well for a first ever phone call.
They arranged to meet a week Saturday.
A while later he phoned back saying he was too excited to wait and they are going to meet this week instead.
As she was telling me, I got goosebumps and all the hairs on my arms stood up.
It was so amazing having her share this.
I think I could actually feel the joy coming off her.
A nice feeling.

This has repeated on me all day long!

Then while I was in the garden, I overheard from builders next door;
A…. I feel sorry for you mate
B…. Why? Because I have to work for that cunt in there?
A…. Umm. No. Because you just stood in cat shit!
B…. OH! For Fuck’s sake!
A…. Hahahahahahahaha!

A smiley day!

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Holy crap! That story's funny.
Wow, it's brilliant when ppl meet up like that after not knowing each other for so long. I hope all goes swimmingly.

Sassygril said...

Agree with Schnee, I really hope that all goes well with your friend. Seems like they are just dying to make that contact. All fingers crossed.

And I sent the wombat story to Clive. Although he's here in the house right now - force of habit I think...

Plus, the cat shit story is great. What ARE the workmen doing in that house???

Sleepy said...

They've knocked down a wall and have all the floorboards up.

Ana Jurney said...

Hey! Thanks for the email link! I just saw it and checked it out today--thanks. Also, thanks for your comment the other day...I appreciate it. I am enjoying your blog--you always have something interesting and hilarious to say!!

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Sleepy
Thanks for the smile!
Leigh