Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Storming Southsea

It blew an absolute hooligan last night.
This is what the seafront looked like this afternoon.
The road had been closed and the sea was beginning to whip up again.
There were loads of shells, bits of crabs but hardly any ‘pollution’.
No masses of tangled ropes, clumps of tar, a rafts worth of plastic bottles or carrier bags.
The latter being a real surprise given the current news coverage.
Maybe the council had been out early and cleared it.

I went to Lidl today and marvelled at how multi-cultural it is.
As I was bimbling around I heard, at least, 5 different languages being spoken.
They have some blinding stuff if you have a European/Mediterranean palate.
I love that I can buy squid, a bucket of Greek yogurt, Camembert, dodgy looking slippers and a Mitre Saw all in one place.
And very cheaply!
The ‘impulse buy’ basket at my till was filled with secateurs and those Belgian chocolates shaped like shellfish.
An usual combination I thought.

It’s blowing a gale again now and pissing with rain.
Everything is tied down in the garden but I’m worried that my frog spawn will get washed out of the pond if it overflows.




5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ooh er! Great photos tho!

Sassygril said...

Yeah, I'm now two fence panels down. Not impressed with this weather as I hate the wind.

BTW, I am now sleeping much better! Takes me a little while longer to come to in the morning, but I'll take that over insomnia and rude thoughts about research subjects at the NT!

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Off out for another look today.

Sassy.. I find the 'hangover' passes quite quickly.
Rude thoughts eh? Again!

Sassygril said...

Yeah, a couple of cups of tea and a heart attack as to how late it is tends to clear the fog.

And as for the rude thoughts. I am a martyr, a MARTYR to my rudenesses....

Sleepy said...

I know you have a daily battle with rudenesses.
It's brave how you soldier on!