Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stiffs, Semolina And Scooters

I’ve seen a lot of Silvio Berlusconi on the News today and I swear the last time I saw someone that colour I was peering at Lenin.
He looked like he’d been carved from mahogany but I was informed he had only been varnished that colour.
If they used Sadolin, they certainly got a convert in my Grandfather!

I met my next door neighbour today. The one having the noisy building work.
She let it be known that they’d heard me screaming and bitching about the banging.
I let it be known that I didn’t give a flying fuck.
Looking in the window I saw the skirting boards still weren’t on.
I told her I was away the weekend and that it would be an ideal time to get that done!

Right. Opinion please.
Is Semolina an ‘English’ pudding?
The Tame Pharmacist claims that it was never eaten in her ‘Irish’ household and that it is English nastiness that came with school dinner.
This has caused some, um, ‘debate’.
It got a bit racial, with accusations of potato, peat and goat hair based desserts.
Hence the question.
I think it’s one of the best yumminesses in the world.
With jam mixed in for gorgeous pinkness.

To the ‘hard’ lads who ride scooters.
IF you are not brave enough to ride it with both feet off the ground, then you should go back to a pushbike.
Zooming along with one leg hanging down makes you look like a complete and utter wanker!
If I could construct some sort of contraption that would, with the press of a button, flip out from the side of the car and slap you straight off your Honda Hairdryer, I would.

Blinding line from tonight’s Shameless.
Frank Gallagher, after been told he can’t smoke in the pub,
“But you sell E’s!”
“Yeah, I know. But no one ever dies from secondary Tripping!”
Love it.

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I always thought of semolina as English but now you come to mention it, the name doesn't sound as though it is. Just one of those things that has been around in my life for so long (since my school dinners!!)that I have completely taken it for granted. Then again, it's semolina... why are you blogging about it? And why am I responding at such length when I have absolutely nothing to say about it. Maybe there's more to semolina than meets the eye...

Sleepy said...

It is a very sly pudding.
It has an alias... Ground Rice.
Perhaps it works with one name and signs on with the other!