Monday, April 14, 2008

Words, Bees, Grooves And Smiles

What words have you been deliberately mispronouncing for so long, that you have trouble saying it correctly when you need to?
Mine would be Jugular which I have pronounced JUG-LE-UR for years.
The same with DRAC-LE-UR for Dracula.
EMBLOW for elbow because my little brother used to call it that.
I also can’t say Samuel Pepys without adopting a Stavros accent, which is wrong on so many levels!

Are Bumble Bees THE most stupid bee in the range?
They are always bouncing off things, flying into things and they look as though they find the flowers by accident.
I’ve had to rescue two from the pond. I am assuming it’s two, could be the same thicko twice, and nearly trod on one bimbling across the grass.

It’s my Grandfather’s anniversary today. He has been gone seven years.
It feels like an impossible amount of time.
Miss you old man.
May he, and the souls of all the faithful, unfaithful and irreverent departed, Rest In Peace.

This is my tune of the day people.
Play it loud and I defy you not to get a little bit of a groove on.

Laugh? Something got hurt inside me! It’s a total repeater and will keep you going for ages.
Just the title makes me chuckle.
I guarantee you will see someone and that title will spring in to your head, instantly!

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I like that you can deliberately mis-pronounce words in Britain and ppl realise what you are doing. Here, s'one mis-pronounces something and it becomes the way everyone does. Examples, 'chaise LOUNGE', 'goooda=gouda', 'newtella(nutella)), Eljin (Elgin), K'norr, oh the list goes on....

Sleepy said...

This is why we sent you to the Colonies... You've got to whip 'em into shape!

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, and the latest one - 'huvering' (hovering)

I'm trying, dear God, I'm trying.