Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday In The Garden


The exceptionally fine weather has caused all the garden produce to put on a bit of a growth spurt.
Both of the rain collecting barrels are empty!
Seeing as I have spared the planet my contribution to the 'Children Footprint' and saved the local landfill a million disposable nappies, I feel I'm entitled to use my hosepipe with gay abandon.
There have got to be some perks to being childless, seeing as we dip out on all that 'maternity/paternity leave' shit, Family tax credits and free fucking everything while pregnant.
I'm choosing water for the garden as mine.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Woah! Your strawbs are all ripe and stuff! Just...woah!!!!!!

Sleepy said...

I know!
I'm as surprised as you are.

Grey Area said...

I was amazed that my ( first time )strawberries actually looked like the ones you buy in the shops - I grew them on the kitchen roof which was apparently the talk of the neighbours.

My tomatoes need strapping up again - after last nights rain they have begun to sag under the weight of their own massiveness.....not that I'm showing off or anything...

Sleepy said...

Richard.. The tomatoes are doing really well here too.
The Aphids are munching everything though!