Saturday, November 24, 2007

Party And Parents

Last night’s 50th birthday party was a blast.
Everybody dressed up.
I ended up wearing black trousers, my ‘I F Nuns’ tee-shirt, an inverted cross, I had a baby’s bottle full of vodka and a massive nappy over the trousers.
I was Rosemary’s Baby!
It’s bloody horrible wearing a nappy, I couldn’t walk properly but I had somewhere handy to store my cigarettes.
I did get a good laugh handing my baby bottle over the bar and ordering my vodka in fluid ounces.
They got a great laugh testing it on their wrists before handing it back!
There was a scary moment, when I was waylaid by the lady with the wandering hands.
My friends, who could see I was in trouble, did as they always do.
Stood out of her eye line, but in mine and laughed their heads off.
Bastards.

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off.
All week there has been an ‘outcry’ about lesbians and IVF treatments.
The way I see it is that some one night stand slapper has more rights than people who plan a child for years.
Those who sit in clinics trawling through the background, health history and educational achievements of the potential sperm donor.
What happened to the rights of that one night stand ‘Sperm Donor’ then?
If the child is up for adoption, it must follow that a lesbian couple can adopt it.
A judge has already said that the father has no rights and the Cardinal doesn’t seem to have an opinion on this one.

Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no interest in being a parent, foster parent, step parent, I’m a pretty crappy aunt and the cats could probably do with a Social Worker.
But, I’m pro choice.
If that’s your choice, have them, but keep them the hell away from me.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Let them piss and moan. It'll go through.
Still, it would be more useful if they could put their obvious excess time to some more relevant use, like perhaps stopping the rape of the English language.

Sleepy said...

Quite!