Saturday, February 23, 2008

Booze Blues

Tesco are considering putting up the prices of their alcohol.
They have agreed that cheap booze is causing ‘binge drinking’ amongst the young.
Not my fucking problem.
Why should I be punished for someone else’s piss poor parenting?
Put the age up to 21, I don’t care.
Drinkers are taxed beyond reason as it is.
That’s why we were all fecking off to France for our booze and smokes in the first place.

Not that it matters, in my experience the parents buy it for them.
I’ve confiscated vodka on a school trip only to be informed,
“You better fucking give that back, my Mum bought that for me.”
My reply was that I’d return it to the Mother, which I did.
Her reaction?
“Ah Bless! I bought that for her to ’ave on the trip. Weren’t she allowed it?”
I managed to stop myself screaming,
‘Of course not! She’s fucking 15, you mental bitch!’
Fine. She might like being in charge of a pissed up teen, I don’t.
Especially when they feel they can sue YOU for anything the kid does to injure themselves.
I want to be able to sue a parent for having the brass neck to send their terminally thick offspring to a mainstream school.
With extra damages if the child is particularly fucking ugly.

The sink in the kitchen is making strange noises.
Expensive sounding noises.
Stuff needs replacing noises.
I’m ignoring it, hoping it goes tits up while I’m not here.

Great line from the rugby,
“You are not allowed to tread on people anymore, you should be, but you can’t”.
You have got to love Brian Moore!

Is it just me or do these just sound really fucking itchy?
I’d also like to know how they get from China to our bathrooms.
The bamboo wafts away on a passing thermal does it?
Tell me how the Chinese get them here in an ‘eco-friendly’ manner.

You just got to love the Catholic Church in South America don’t you?
All her children were ‘born prematurely’…
Prematurely? Prematurely?!!
(Helps it you take your voice up an octave on each of those!)
I should fucking say so!
Seven kids before she is 17.

8 comments:

Sassygril said...

I'm all in favour of raising the price of cheap booze - the mentally priced lager and cider. Price it out of existence. Price it out of the existence of their pikey parents too. I only buy the good stuff, me :-)

And maybe that kid in Argentina needed not only some sex education but needed to have had some words of advice from her mother as well. Fuck sake.

Watching the Arsenal game - never seen players look green before. As you can see, I am in serene mood still...

Sleepy said...

I know you only drink the best!
Hehehe!

Told you. Fabregas looked about to pass out!

Sainsbo's tomorrow. That should settle you a bit!

Schneewittchen said...

Now, oddly, I just inadvertently bought some bamboo socks. I didn't notice that when I bought them, I just liked the design and that they were called 'Happy Feet'. But they just feel like normal cotton. I think we get a lot of cotton from China anyway, so the damage from shipping bamboo just replaces the damage from shipping cotton.

The Catholic Church in South America certainly does have a LOT to answer for, more bloody misogyny.

Sleepy said...

The frightening bit about the towels is that they will 'get more absorbant'..
The idea of a towel getting bigger than me is a bit of a worry.

Anonymous said...

Bamboo fibre production requires some pretty harsh chemicals. And I just read that in China, they're decimating some forest areas to grow bamboo in order to meet the demand. It's one to do without until they figure out a better production method and how to make it closer to home.

Sassygril said...

You see, this is why we need bloggage - I was almost tempted by this bamboo bollocks. Grrr...you just KNOW there has to be a catch. And if my experience of seeing bamboo grow in an English environment is anything to go by, we should be able to produce enuf for our own consumption very easily. Stuff grows like fucking weeds! And then there's the production process...

Grr...chewing an anvil with chagrin so I am.

Belle said...

No, don't put the age up! Don't be selfish! I've just discovered the joy of booze, if you take it away now i might be driven to stealing the 89p a can tesco economy larger and drinking all by myself.

Sleepy said...

Belle... NO!!! Not that nastiness!
I'll buy you Chablis!