Friday, February 15, 2008

Hounds, Rage And Eire

I’ve been in Wiltshire for a few days.
Blue, the new Greyhound, is settling in wonderfully.
He has a cracking personality and character, but absolutely no social skills.
He steals food and drink (Tea, wine and Bailey’s!) and tries to lift his leg in the house.
He is learning how to walk on the lead without yanking the shoulder of the walker from its socket.
His ‘prey’ instinct is still very strong. He will go for anything small, furry and feathery.
Greyhounds go from 0 to 35mph in seconds, can see for almost a mile and have the most amazing peripheral vision.
You have to be aware of him all the time.
Jess, on the other hand, is his polar opposite.
She avoids little dogs and is totally uninterested in cats.
You can eat your dinner off your lap, unmolested.
Jessie is so very patient with him and they get on brilliantly.

I usually find being out and about in the countryside very calming, except for yesterday.
We were driving along a narrow country lane when we encountered another car.
Expecting the driver to pull in to the passing place 6 feet in front of him, M carried on.
So did the other driver, seemingly, without slowing down.
There was an almighty smash as wing mirrors hit, more or less destroying M’s.
He stopped and jumped out of his car.

So did I.
This well-dressed, well-spoken 70 year old man came at me shouting and screaming,
“Why didn’t you pull over? Are you stupid?”
I said nothing until he called me a Prick.
Nought to Psycho in under 2 seconds.
(As I’m typing this I can feel my heart racing and myself winding up again)
Then I went apeshit.

“Right, now YOU have sworn at ME, I can FUCKING start.
Why the fuck didn’t YOU pull in, you senile fucking cunt? Eh?
Where the fuck did you expect us to go? The passing place is your side you prick!
You thought you would bully your way through, just as you are trying to do now.
You have made a fucking HUGE mistake, you wanker because I’m a medicated fucking mental!
Now, I suggest you turn your geriatric fucking self round and run old man.
Fucking RUN!”

I starting walking towards him and he ran people!
He ran like he hasn’t in decades.
Can’t be easy in sensible Brogues either!
By my third step he was in his car and driving away.
Idiot.

It took me over two hours to calm down.
Thank G-d for Diazepam! Or I’d still be raging.
Gives you an idea what I was like before the anger management and the removal of ‘E’ numbers from my diet!

Ho Hum.
Anyway, off to Ireland tomorrow for a few days.
I’ll be here.
If you click on the ‘zoom out’ about 6 times, it’ll give you an idea just how far into the arse end of nowhere I’m going!
I haven’t decided if I’m taking the laptop yet, it’s a pain in the arse at airport security, but so handy when I’m away.
I like to get my photos downloaded, in case I do something stupid, like erase the lot!
So, you may hear from me or you may not.


Finally, todays “I know it’s wrong to laugh but…..”
Also, that’s some serious fecking Limescale!

7 comments:

Sassygril said...

What houndly gorgeousness! They are simply beautiful dogs and it seems that poor old abused Blue is now well on the way to having the life of a riley dog. Excellent.

But the piece de resistance is the Cillit Bang story. I have a thing about Cillit Bang. I am a user, I must confess, but the adverts with the now less shouty Barry crack me up. He seems to be only available via sound. Guess he's now disembodied shouty barry.

Enjoy your time in Eire. And see if Tommy Tiernan is doing any gigs whilst you're there...

Sleepy said...

They are beauts! He's getting there.
Still a little rough around the edges.

I like Cillit Bang, although I think that it is responsible for the skin peeling off my fingers at regular intervals!

I will be looking out for DVD's, never fear!

Schneewittchen said...

I LOVE your road rage ( as you know ) but only when I'm on your side.
Truly, truly awesome.

Sassygril said...

It's the commentary on various pedestrians that I find most amusing!

Ana Jurney said...

awwww! your little hounds are so adorable!

wow, Ireland! I'm so jealous! Have fun!!

Crisp-e said...

hahahahaha! Thats funny, peeps just don't think before they open their traps. Good on ye mate, you made him do bit of exercise that he wont forget in a hurry.

The dogs look soooo cute, you've got to bring them down to pompey!

Sleepy said...

Ana.. Thank you!

Crisp-e.. Innit! Knob!