Friday, February 01, 2008

Savaged and Sectioned

Yesterday I woke up to a savage day.
Storm force winds and horizontal rain.
Not a whisper of any snow here though.
Today it was blue skies, sunshine and bitter cold.
St F, over in the West of Ireland sent text pictures of heavy snow.
Jealous? Oh, just a tad!
Didn’t take her long to master her new camera phone!
I know Peter Kaye claims, ‘old ladies with mobile phones look wrong’, but it really suits St F!
It was a bizarre start to the day.
I got in the shower with my glasses on, it took me a while to work out what had happened and why I couldn‘t see.

I’m feeling for Blue today.
While out for a walk he, well, um “Caught” a little yapper type dog.
He was on his lead the yapper one wasn’t.
It ran up to him and then tried to run away.
Instantly, 2 thousand years worth of breeding kicked in and before it had taken four steps, Blue had it.
Greyhounds shake their prey to death and because of the strength in their necks, this doesn’t usually take long.
The little dog was, fortunately, unharmed but I’m pissed off for Blue.
He must be so confused; he was racing up until about six months ago and was being praised for doing that very thing.
People with little dogs seem to think that their hound doesn’t need restraining because they are ‘Small’.
Then they shouldn’t be surprised if it gets savaged.

Season 4 of Boston Legal started last night.
Bliss.
I’ve missed them, all the characters are like old friends.
The image of Jerry getting his groove on was priceless.
This evening was the last of Jam and Jerusalem. Again, some priceless lines, a particular classic from Queenie!

At last someone has given enough of a shit to sort this fecking nutter out!
Mirrored on this side of the water with Winehouse being dragged to rehab.
Although, I have to admit that Amy would be more of a loss to the music world than Britney.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Here, the phrase that prefaces annoying dogs is,
'He's friendly!' Well if he were, you wouldn't be having to tell me would you? The reason you're saying that is that your poochie mutt is a bloody canine fruitcake.

I am now completely and utterly addicted to BL. We have the DVDs of series 2 which we're watching every night and we have series 3 recorded on the TV for afterwards. I'm so pleased to know there's a series 4.

Also glad to know there's more J&J to look forward to. LOVED that too.

Sassygril said...

I am in total agreement with everything Schnee has said! I'm a tad wary of dogs and over the years I have grown truly fed up with people telling me that their dog is a darling whilst it is jumping up and barking at me or worse. And the small handbag dogs are the worst. People seem to forget that they were originally bred as hunters.

I am also working my way through the bit of BL 2 I missed out on first and second time around. It is sheer bliss. Series 3 is now out on DVD which is great as I missed the final episodes. And I missed J&J last night. In fact, I've only managed to see two of them...grrr.