Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All In My Head

I have a confession to make.
Late last night I got a terrible bout of the munchies combined with extreme ‘Couch Lock’.
The only edible thing within reach was a packet of Lockets.
Original flavour.
I ate them. All of them.
I’m disgusted with myself and I resolve never to do it again.
While an absolute lifesaver when drowning in snot, they are potential killer when mucous free.
My pipes were so clear every breath was painful, 30 below zero painful.
Most definitely not worth it for the miniscule amount of honey offered.
Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa.


This morning I woke up with a hideous headache which has lasted pretty much all day.
Locket overdose?
I’m not one of those ‘headachy’ people so am never quite sure how to deal with it.
My fucked up knees mean I get given some shit kicking painkillers; morphine based ones; so my tolerance for analgesics is frightening.
I don’t know what to take for a headache.
Aspirin and Paracetamol haven’t worked on me since early childhood.
(ATM had a serious Codeine habit while pregnant with me. Set me up for life!)
As an extra pisser I had an appointment for a haircut.
Squinting because of the bright light and then squinting because I had to take my glasses off gave the overall impression of, ‘someone on the edge’.
He flew through the cut with the minimum of interaction with me.
Just how I like it.

This afternoon I planted the experimental seeds for this year.
Gourds and Aubergines.
Although I will not be calling them Aubergines anymore.
Not sure of the language but I love the word.
Halflange.
I love Lidl and its multi-lingual labelling, broadens my horizon so it does!




2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Beautiful flower.

A whole packet of Lockets!?! Crikey. Didn't you have a plan once for a middle-of-the-night munchies delivery service for the seriously stoned?

Halflange violette - no idea, looks like it should be Germisch, but the only word I know for aubergine in Germisch is Aubergine (capital A of course:)

WV= stoingom. It just sounds like....something....

Artemesia said...

Did you notice the relationship between your 'couch-lock and Lockets? Sometimes words tell the whole story!

As in Bernie Madoff was both mad..and madeoff with $billions of other people's gelt...

Hope you've learned this time! lol..
A