Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stuff I Know Today

1.. If a TV show advertises itself as a cross between something and something else, it will be shite.


2.. Google has robbed me of the ability to read a fucking road map.


3.. With hindsight it's probably best not to deliver visiting members of the clergy to Oxford, so they spill out of the car like Cheech and Chong have just given them a ride.
AND I tried not to smoke in the car.


4.. Anglicans are surprized when you refer to them as Protestants.
Who knew?!


5.. When I look at this picture I see myself, sister and my cousins sat along that wall.
Bottle of coke and a bag of crisps each while our Grandparents and Parents got pissed inside.
Nobody tried to lure us away with promises of sweeties or puppies and nobody who worked outside Psychiatry knew the word Paedophile.
Weirdly, that is a really comforting memory.
Today we would all be taken in to care!

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Hahahahaha!!!!! You didn't call them 'proddies' did you? It's difficult enough for me to remember to say 'Anglican', I'm still CofE in my own mind.

Sleepy said...

Managed to draw the line at Proddie!
So, when's a Protestant not a Protestant?

Schneewittchen said...

When they don't have enough history to know it. If yer not a left-footer, then yer a proddie. End of story.

Sleepy said...

Innit!