Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday 12th March

Today, Sleepy Mansions was updated with a ‘V+ Box’.
Stop yourselves.
One of those things that means I can press buttons and record shit, pause shit and generally fuck about with the shit that’s on TV.
We’ve also got faster broadband.
How to get all this?
Phone Virgin, tell them you’ve had enough of their bollocks service and want to leave, ignore everything they say and agree to pay any charges.
This person will, in all likelihood, be a ‘Wanker’.
My conversation went like this;

Wanker.. (sneeringly) Well. Do you watch football on Setanta Sports?
Me.. Yes. Yes I do.
Wanker.. (Ha Ha) You won’t have that anymore then!
Me.. Neither will they for much longer.
Wanker.. What?
Me.. I read this morning Setanta owe the FA £80 million for the rights and will be lucky to be showing football at all.
Wanker.. (sneeringly) Ms Sleepy, do you believe EVERYTHING you read. Ha ha ha!
Me.. No. Not generally.
Wanker.. Where did you read that?
Me.. Your website.
Wanker.. (Long, long, long silence)
Me.. So… Shall we get on with cutting me off?

We did and an appointment was made for a couple of week’s time.
Within 24 hours somebody will phone you and offer all manner of inducements to get you to stay.
Hence the V Box, quicker Broadband and some other stuff I’ve forgotten now.
It’s good to bitch!

Sitemeter informs me someone from The Pentagon (Military) popped by and watched both of Frankie Boyle’s you tube clips!
Cool!

6 comments:

Neil said...

The Pentagon being Big Brothered... now there is a turn up for the books! I love me some irony

Sleepy said...

I think Frankie has more to be worried about about than I do!

Neil said...

Frankie naaaah! The guy is a Scottish treasure if there is such a thing... He'll just make a crude joke about the whole thing

Sleepy said...

We could also be putting a sinister slant on it that isn't there.
It is possibly more worrying that he may have a FAN in The Pentagon!

Schneewittchen said...

The Pentagon, waaay cool!

The convo with Virgin - priceless. Seriously, are we REALLY not allowed to make any jokes about the Mansions having a virgin box? Not fair!


WV=morophy

Sassygril said...

Frankie indeed a national treasure. Sassyvillas also techno old ttyle. Yet to get a DVD player and more concerned about getting a decent turntable for my records than owt.

When are we doing Ikea???

The time is ripe my pretties, the time is ripe :-)