Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dad, Food And Football

I did it.
I spoke to my Dad.
We chatted for about half an hour until he couldn’t speak anymore.
He had to have another bit cut out of his mouth last week and his throat was very sore.
It was upsetting but at least I have done it.
He told me that his brother has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer and there is nothing they can do for him.
I thanked Dad for the top notch DNA and we had a good giggle.
I asked how he was doing with the cigarettes and booze and apparently he is persevering.
As he said, “Bit fucking late to stop now and why put myself through the stress!?”
I was inclined to agree with him.

I wore my ‘I Fuck Nuns’ tee-shirt today.
It always cheers me up and cooked up a storm, another thing that cheers me.
From the glut of Sleepy Mansions Runner Beans I have made a Goulash.
I made my favourite comfort eating pie too.
Layered with horseradish, beetroot, red cheese and onions. Repeat the layers and whack in the oven for 45 minutes.
Yummers!
When you cut into it the colours look amazing.
Covered both my religious halves.
Offending Catholics and comfort eating!

England are playing Germany this evening.
Nearly all the first choices for the team are injured, so I’m getting myself mentally prepared for a jolly good spanking.
Thank G-d it’s only a friendly.

Tomorrow I have been writing this blog for a year, so prepare yourselves for the last post!

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Good on yer ! (Both for speaking to the Dad and for the wearing of the IFN T)

Don't make jokes like that. Tis bad enough that Lenten has stopped.

I read your blog before posting tonight, just to avoid anymore weirdness. And oddly, turns out I wasn't going to write about footie.

Artemesia said...

You made someone very happy..He'll have it forever!

..Was the horseradish in the pie from a bottle? Intriging recipe..Sounds like the Ukraine gone mad in England.
A

Sleepy said...

Oh yes! The horseradish was from a jar.
Although, I'm planning on growing my own.

Crisp-e said...

I admire your Dad's stoicism. It would have made his day to hear your voice.

Last post? I do hope not! We need you sleepy.

Jinx said...

Well done :D

"Last post? I do hope not! We need you sleepy."

Seconded!