Monday, August 06, 2007

Mmmm And The Art Of Reincarnation

It’s all going wrong in my washing machine.
My net curtains are in there!
I think I may have over done the Napisan.
Superb stuff to wash your whites in but fucking hectic if done three sheets to the wind.
I keep expecting to hear a bang and the lower floor start filling with foam.

I have had an easy day.
In fact, so mellow I surfed into http://www.ratemyturban.com/
Gave me a huge smile!
Sat opened mouthed at news from Tibet, where the Chinese government have ‘banned’ any form of reincarnation without ‘Official’ permission.
That actually repeated on me all day.

“I was thinking of reincarnating”
‘Have you filled in the forms?’
“Forms?”
‘Will this be your first reincarnation, or have you been before?’
‘I think this is about my 14th incarnation, if not more’.
“Have you the Visas from your previous visits?”
‘Ummmm’
“I think you’ll find that is Ohmmm…. Access denied…. Next”.

Schnee had a similar situation with Canada.
Except that revolved around qualifications and the use of “Eh”.

6 comments:

Sassygril said...

And the railings, mon chere?

Am having difficulties locating the sweat shirt - only a few shopping outlets near to the conference centre and they don't stock college merchandise. I will try the link you sent me and see if they can fedex the top to the hotel. If this is not a goer I will buy something else. Duty free a last port of call if all is shite.

How was the washing???

Sleepy said...

The washing was 'Frothy'!
No stress about the top and Duty Free is a good port of call.

The gate is nearly finished, but has been a bastard.

Schneewittchen said...

That rate my turban webbie was sooooo funny, and on the ferry over to Vancouver Island, I couldn't help actually doing it when Sikhs went past.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. You got to love a great big turban!

Artemesia said...

Sleepy..

The Times piece on reincarnation that you left a link for inspired this. I know it may be an intrusion into yout Blog..too long, etc..
So of course feel free to delete it. I couldn't believe what I was reading!

Living Buddhas Need Passports
..To incarnate legally -

No reincarnates can be found
In Beijing’s athiest compound..
In this city where dead is dead..
A reincarnate could lose his head!

No passports may be issued now
To souls returning once again..
The Dalia Lama must disavow
That he remembers more than men.

The frightened leaders in Beijing
To guarantee their full control
Are sifting through the afterbirth
To weed out any twice born soul.

Millions of Buddhists look askance
When oxymorons start to dance..
Once Herod dared to stake out polls
But Jesus too escaped the rolls.

What fun, the Dalai Lama laughs..
These Chinese leaders try to kill
What does not die, what is reborn..
Tibet still lives though it was shorn.

All tyrants try to kill the past
Erase the goodness that was done..
Defile compassion as a mask To rule with fear and loaded guns.

Now even Heaven is under rule
By Beijing’s tyrants all reborn..
They sharpened all their buried tools
And donned their attitudes of scorn.

O mothers can you guarantee
The babe you carry is quite new?
And got its passport in your womb
(That will expire when life is through).

And so forth..

©Artemesia
..8/9/2007

Sleepy said...

Artemesia.. Cracking!