Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Shame

My beloved Spurs are having a disastrous start to the season and lost again last night.
They are at the bottom of the league.
They spent millions on new players during the summer and it would appear not one of them is worth a toss.
I can see Jol the Orc being jobless in the not too distant future.
The fans won’t wear this shit for long.

As you know I am easily pissed off by adverts but, unusually, I find my self missing some.
What happened to the ads about the dangers of flying kites near power lines?
Or the cartoon Northern couple who sit on the beach waving at the drowning sailor.
My particular favourite would have to be the kid who could translate the strange noises of Charlie the cat.
“Miaow, Miaow, Growl, Miaow”
“Charlie says, Never go with strangers.”
Then Charlie would get a whole raw fish to eat.
A simpler time I suppose.
When was the last time you flew a kite?

While on the subject of a simpler time.
What songs are you slightly embarrassed to admit you like?
I’ll get the ball rolling with my top five cringers!

* Gypsy Woman - Don Williams
* Father To Son - Cat Stevens or anyone else who has covered it.
* Viva Forever - The Spice Girls
And the two absolute ‘hang your head in shamers’
* Two little Boys - Rolf Harris
* Puff The Magic Dragon

My Grandfather used to sing the last one to us until my Nan banned it because we’d cry so much when the boy died!
Lassie was banned for similar reasons as were certain episodes of Little House On The Prairie.
As for Watership Down, Jaysus! ATM had to remove us from the cinema after our wailing became too loud and was setting the other kids off.

4 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Mate, let us pray... I hope that this doesn’t spell another bad season like the one in 98. We almost got relegated and I almost died of anxiety at the penultimate game vs. Newcastle united. Les Ferdinand (goal hanger) scored the first and Klinsmann (traitor, but we forgive you) sealed the game with a characteristic glancing header!

C'mon you Spurs! lol

Schneewittchen said...

I'm going to learn what Crisp-e said off by heart and say it to people like I know something about footie. At the moment all I can say is (with gritted teeth)
'It's called FOOTBALL!'

Anyway, my embarrassing song is 'I want it that way,' by the Backstreet Boys, as mugged to by the two Chinese students.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. Two games in and I'm dying of anxiety!

Schnee.. That wouldn't be a bad idea! Hehehe!
Come on! You've got to have more songs than that.

Crisp-e said...

lol! Schnee, that’s all you need to know!! I only remember the matches that I have been to in any real detail!

Sleepy: hang in there mate.