Thursday, August 09, 2007

Tagine, Ice And 5th

I cooked a meal today that involved a pomegranate.
In the words of Billie Holiday, it’s a Strange Fruit.
The recipe called for it to go in the cous cous, which I’m never sure how to prepare anyway. I do it a different way every time.
I have never had to open a pomegranate and there are no real instructions that come with the thing.
I tried to peel it, not very successfully. When I got in, it was full of seeds.
I used my ‘phone a friend’ option and discovered that the pips ARE the fruit.
Who knew?
The Lamb Tagine was yummers though.
Had no choice really, it was in the oven for seven and a half hours.

The news has been going on and on about the British tourists who were injured while on holiday in the Arctic.
The Fucking Arctic?!! Jaysus!
Self inflicted injury in my book.
A ‘bit’ fell off an iceberg, caused a wave and knocked the boat they were on about.
What the fuck are you doing spending your Summer holidays in the Arctic?
If that is your choice of destination, don’t be surprised when you encounter pieces of iceberg.
They grow there you tossers.

The 5th Element is on! So that’s your lot people!

6 comments:

Sassygril said...

Multi pass!

Sassygril said...

Sensational meal and thank you once again for your generosity. Sorry the jet lag kicked in - I promise to do better!
Finally, Princess Fuck Off decided I was a 'good thing' last night and we slept together.

Sleepy said...

No worries. You needed real food after being with the Septics.
It's about time that feline put out!

Leeloo.... Mmmmmm

Sassygril said...

We had much chavness last night - big domestic going on in Herbert Road area. Sort it out mate...

And don't forget the ladies :-)

Sleepy said...

Sassy..I met one of the Poles from across the road yesterday. He was cleaning his new car with doors open and stereo playing loud Germish music.
He was very reasonable and turned it down.

When are you off again?

Schneewittchen said...

Oi! Start getting making laborious arrangements for your trip to the frozen north - ok, technically we're south of you and it rarely freezes, but a woman must dream - I need distraction, only two more days of my Holly and Teddy.
(ALthough I feel Holly may have in some three-year-old way have been preparing the path today, she started leaping up and down in the supermarket trolley and shouting loudly, 'Boobies!')
Anyways, I agree, although the Arctic would be my kind of holiday, it would be on the basis that it was the most stupid thing I'd done to date and I wouldn't be expecting the gunships to come and rescue me.

Oddly, the word ver. is 'kydbb'