Saturday, August 18, 2007

Pomp And Circumstance

I went to bed at 3am and was up again at 6.30am.
Watching TV can usually lull me back to sleep, this morning that wasn’t working.
So I laid on the sofa with John the Ipod and we had ‘The Empire Sessions’.
John chose Elgar, Pomp and Circumstance.
Amazingly, I got another 2 hours sleep.

Mr Next Door, the one with the Chinese wife, has played “You’re My Best Friend” by Don Williams, ALL day.
I think he might be a bit down, it’s been on repeat.
I’m now having visions of him sat, rocking, on the kitchen floor, surrounded by dead bodies.

I, on the other hand, am extremely happy.
My beloved Spurs won 4 nil, had a goal disallowed and could have scored more.
That’s more like it.
Now that we have Setanta, thanks to the Virgin/Sky spat, I have watched Football and Rugby all day.
Which means I have turned over the control of TV viewing to the Housemates.
It seems fair and guarantees viewing for tomorrow!
At the moment we are watching Mrs Brown, to be followed by Bright Young Things.
That will have to go on after Match Of The Day though.
‘Air Miles Sassy’ is in France for 2 weeks so I have been texting her results throughout the day.
She managed NOT to piss her cats off before she left this time, which was nice!

This evening we have sampled the first of the Sleepy Mansions Chillies.
(They can be seen in the corner of the picture in yesterday’s post)
Christ they are hot.
Quite a few Scovilles in those spiteful little fuckers.
I had a tiny taste and the burn was hellish.
So bad, I dived straight in the fridge for yoghurt.
The yoghurt and sporadic green and blue bits but the heat was so bad I had a spoonful anyway.
Then half a pint of milk.

PS.. I didn’t see MOTD.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I'm sure there must be a upside to your insomnia, I just haven't worked out what it might be yet - maybe you could hold down two jobs, or write a novel or something.
Or maybe the blog is the upside of it.

Hopefully you'll find some new music on Kev's mighty Slimserver system, there must be some reason for its extensiveness.

Perhaps Mrs. Next-Door has left Mr. Next-Door, still, there's no excuse for playing anything all day.
I was even feeling I'd had enough of Snow Patrol when we had them on a loop the time we were stuck at the border crossing for two hours.

That Sassy, what is she like? Does she ever sit still for more than an hour at a time?
God bless her, she's like me, an ambassador for Britain, just, she might be a better one.

Sleepy said...

Mrs Next Door is alive and well!
Phew!