Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Paradox

I am SO angry today I'm just going to post this.....


In the paradox of life
that makes peace come out of war
when a man will give his life
without knowing what it's for,
Is the essense of existence that
Mankind has come to know.
He shouts to throw his chains off
but refuses to let go.
When parasols for sunshine must
keep the rain off his head
when the simple life he once had
like his old beliefs, lie dead.
You would think he would awaken
from the comfort of conceit,
would cast aside pretentions and
see the danger he must meet.
Still the man is reaching
to drink from poisoned wine,
still he blames the cup he drinks from
when the evil's in the vine.
In the masochists self pity
is a hidden truth of life,
for the hand that staves the blow
is the hand that holds the knife.
We are good as we are evil
Destroying peace, creating war,
we are clever in our perceptions
yet don't know what life is for.
We seek and we have gained
what we did not have before
But we have lost and do not know it,
for we could have had much more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Self-destructive self-delusion. That really is a remarkably perceptive poem. The veil of perception that hides us from reality.

I think truth lies in the struggle myself, not the German version, 'Mein Kampf' just the actual struggle.
I am woman, hear me roar. No seriously, I can make a feminist message out of anything. Toilet paper, socks, dead rats.

Are you sure your alcohol to blood ratio is correctly adjusted? Maybe just a few drops more of the green stuff.....

Anonymous said...

Imagine Yvette Fielding saying this,
'Did you see that? DID YOU SEE THAT?'
I just posted as me, either means you've switched to Beta or Blogger's got it's act together.
YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!
(At writers' group we're only allowed a certain number of exclamation marks per year and I think I just used mine up until 2008)

Sleepy said...

Exclamation Nazis!!!!!! take that!!!!

Ran out of the green stuff, sadly..
Am now on white burgundy. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy...

Nope, haven't changed to beta, an act must have been got together.

Sleepy said...

Yeah! Feminism is a Schnee issue.