Monday, October 02, 2006

Psychonauts

How boring is shaving your legs?
I hate it and I’m crap at it. They look like a butcher's window when I have finished and I resent the fact I have to do it.
I never used to bother until the day my Dad was doing some building work in my house. I came down the stairs in shorts and Tee shirt to find my father in full ‘Builder Mode’… ie … sat with mug of tea, a ciggie, reading The Sun and basically doing fuck all!
He looked up smiled, looked at my legs and said,
“ Fuck me love!, are you on steroids?”
That did it for me… I never let the leg topiary get out of hand again.

The reason for the shaving is that I’m going away in the camper van again. It’s to celebrate my friend Rob’s birthday which fortunately coincides with the start of the Mushroom season!! So we are on a mission and I don’t want him being horrified by my legs.
The Drugs Bill 2005 turned us into criminals. As ’shrooms are under the same classification as Heroin, Crack and Cocaine.
That means the possibility of 7 years imprisonment and an unlimited fine for possession. Life in prison if we supply them.
These are for personal use.
Mushroom use can be traced back to 7000BCE through statues and cave paintings in the Sahara. Most of the central American tribes used them in their rituals, some calling it Teonanactl, “Flesh Of The Gods”. They were used for divination and for intercession with the spirits. That is what I like about their effects (on me), the feeling that you are part of something so much bigger. I love the giggling, the visuals and the total loss of time. You got to ’pack for the trip’ though. I mean, you've got to be in a good mood, listen to great music or read books that will make you think. If you are feeling down and have just watched a load of horror movies, don’t expect a good time!
I once tripped with a couple who spent the whole time running around the Welsh hills naked and giggling. Another who saw angels and spent 3 hours singing with the ‘heavenly host’. Was most surprised when they knew Kokoma and A Fool Such As I. But then again, why wouldn’t they?
I had a line from a poem just going round and round in my head, ‘… and through it all a sense of G-d, which lifts my soul above the sod….’ It’s different for everyone but still a community activity.

Just hoping that Global warming hasn’t claimed The Liberty Cap and our searches are fruitful.

Crisp-e, when you move out, you are supposed to take ALL your stuff!! Eeeesh.

I’ll catch you all in about 5 days or when I return to this plane.

9 comments:

Crisp-e said...

[Loutish shout] Shrooooooooooooooooooooooms!! Try and have fun, all cramped up in a van withRob.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Shrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooms!

Sleepy said...

Mate! Don't.... It will be wonderful and 'shroom abundant!

Crisp-e said...

Lets hope we humanoids haven’t fucked up the climate too much and that the shroom seasons are still the same.

I wish you well on your mission. Not least because you will have to contend with Welsh people as well as Rob…did I just say that?

Lets just prey that it doesn’t get to the point whereby you are stood at the door of the camper van, dressed from head to toe in wet weather gear, uttering the immortal words “I may be some time”.

And her journal wrote: “Had we lived I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurance and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our dead bodies must tell the tale…”

Sleepy said...

Hahaha!, Crisp-e! I am seriously debating leaving my trusty Opinel behind. For safety purposes.....

Sleepy said...

Although he assures me he is bringing a saw and an axe. A fucking axe! The mind boggles..

Crisp-e said...

Wow, those shrooms must have some girth on em!

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e. I live in hope. I live in hope.

Anonymous said...

Bloody hellfire, I didn't know they was in the same class as the big hitters. Surely it's our natural birthright as Celts, occasional (ie when we feel like it) Wiccans and such like to be able to do what we like with our Shamanistic paraphernalia. Blimey, we let the First Nations take all the salmon they like to use for their ceremonials, and it's just the same thing cos they think they're salmon and go all peculiar.
Argh.
Enjoy your trip.

Sleepy said...

I'm with you on that one Schnee!
Fecking Nanny State..