Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cosmic Inbalance

All last evening the ‘Nutty Daddy’ was a complete pain in the arse.
It was a windy night and the letterbox kept getting caught by it, making a tapping sound as the door was buffeted.
“What’s that?”, says ‘Nutty Daddy’
“It’s the wind blowing the door”.
Two seconds later,
“What’s that?”
“It’s the wind blowing the door”.
“What’s that?”
“It’s the wind blowing the door”.
At this point I considered running into a wall head first.
This continued all the way through the first half of the England match. During half time I Blue Tacked every single bit of door furniture down and ‘tacked’ the letterbox shut.
No more noise.

I remembered to unstick it for the paper ’fugee. He doesn’t need that kind of challenge at the moment.
He just got a bike!
He‘s only pushing it at the moment, it’s a start, and Norman Tebbit would be proud.

He then became obsessed with a set of car keys that were on the side. Every time he walked past them, which was once every five minutes, (He was on a mission to find the banging door) he picked them up and asked whose they were.
Maybe my patience was running just a tad thin, but am I the only one who thinks moving the keys out of sight is a pretty fucking sensible move?
So I moved them myself and the cosmic ‘Thank You’ for that?
MY fucking keys have gone missing from their home in the front door.
I think of it as the Universe ‘Tutting’ at me for being so impatient. Just letting me know, ‘Be nice, or else‘.

Today, I have been on a mission to find some sort of legal ‘high’, so I headed out to Hedonic and returned with Thai dragonfly! It is a liquid Kratom extract and is supposed to give a ‘dreamy, Opium like sensation’. I thought being in this sort of state would help me with the ‘Nutty Daddy’!
It says to take 5ml, so, in true Sleepy style, I took 10ml!
The liquid itself is a particularly crappy brown colour, I got over that by disguising it in a cup of tea.

This evening I have been a little bit wicked. It may have been the Dragonfly stuff, but then again……..
The ‘Nutty Daddy’ has taken to eating his dinner with his face about 3 centimetres from the plate. So, I cooked spaghetti and meatballs!
We had a full ‘Lady and The Tramp’ moment, except his head was hoovering round the dish trying to find the end.
It was excellent!
I almost lost bladder control when he asked for a bib because, “This stuff splashes up at me”.
I was wondering, ‘How?… Your face is so close to your plate we could dispense with cutlery’!
I know the powers that be will get me, but it’s war until I get my keys back.

Housemates… What in the name of all that is holy, gives you the impression that the tin opener doesn’t need washing?
For some reason Asda don’t put ring pulls on their tins of chopped tomatoes. So I was forced to use it.
It looks like someone has been opening tins of fucking mud, tar and other assorted nastiness. The blade thingy punches through the lid people, that's how it works! Therefore it gets the contents of the tin on it!

8 comments:

Crisp-e said...

That’s funny! I've seen it too. I soaked it in boiling, soapy water. What on Earth would possess someone to put it back in the draw without washing it first? You wouldn’t lick a knife and put it back!!

Sleepy said...

Sassy, I know!
The Dragonfly stuff has stopped the urge to rock and mutter, 'Make the bad man stop'...
But I'm barely hanging on.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. I have soaked it in bleach and taken a pointy knife to it!

Anonymous said...

Erk, I hate that, tin opener put away dirty, ick. But there also is really no excuse for not having ring pulls on cans anymore.

I wondered if anyone actually bought anything in there - it's down opposite Dress Code isn't it?

I wonder if Thai Dragonfly could be the base for a really good curry. Hmm...interesting. I think I have my inventing head on today, I wondered earlier why no-one had invented 'Swiffer socks'. Why don't they make Swiffer sheets that you can just stick onto your socks, then the floor gets cleaned as you walk around, plus your socks stay clean because you can just whip it off and chuck it.

It's like the Chinese water torture isn't it?

Sleepy said...

Yep! Location of Hedonic spot on..
Well, I've done 50ml of the stuff now and I should be having visions, I'm not...
I think I might be in there tomorrow telling Jim of my less than satisfactory trip.

Do swiffer things actually work?

Sleepy said...

In fact I have been texting Mad Matt the answers to his pub quiz!

Anonymous said...

Well in my book, that's infinitely better than actually attending a pub quiz. I hate them. When I go to the pub I want to sit and talk, not have everyone quiet so that some twat dressed like Des O'Connor can read out ridiculous questions.

Yeah, Swiffer's brill. Well, at least it is on hardwood floors. Fabbo.

Sleepy said...

I dare you to make Swiffer Slippers and sell them on ebay!