Saturday, November 18, 2006

Trundling and Twisting

Today I have been trundling around the Wiltshire countryside and last night's rain has made it treacherous.
Mud, skiddy grass, cow shit, rabbit holes, badger holes, rutted paths and slippery canal banks. Most of the time the sun was full in my eyes. As the mud accumulated, my boots weighed about a stone each.
Along the canal Jessie objected to to two huge Lurcher boys sniffing her arse and I was convinced she was going to pull me in to the Kennet and Avon.
The most galling thing about the whole afternoon was twisting my ankle on the crappy pavement in the village.
I'd forgotten how painful that can be.
At the moment I have no ankle bone, half my foot is blue and I'm slathering on Arnica cream.

This evening I have watched a programme called 'Hitler's Holocaust'. It has been a six part thing and tonight's was The Liberation.
It has caused arguments between me and my host. I have an intrinsic dislike of the Germans but, I'm afraid to say, nothing but contempt for the French. I don't know why but I consider the French collaborators - Awful isn't it? I just can't help it though.
How big is France compared to the UK? How many more inhabitants did they have? Yet they still managed to not to defend themselves. Bringing me to the conclusion far more of them collaborated than they would care to admit.
It's not such a huge leap from Klaus Barbie to Jean-Marie Le Pen.

On a lighter note....
Am I the only person who couldn't give a flying fuck about Tom Cruise's wedding.
Don't care where he is marrying, who he is marrying. Nice he is legitimising the bastard child, but on the whole who cares?
Have tried to find out what Scientologists believe about kids out of wedlock and 3rd marriages. Can't find anything. Funny, seeing as they have an opinion on Homosexuals (Perverts) and depression (Not allowed therapy or medication).
My opinion of them... Wankers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I also don't give a flying fuck about the Holmes/Twat wedding.

The French are the type to collaborate but my feeling is that in general, in spite of having introduced the whole concept of bureaucracy to Britain, bless 'em, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Well, no, that was a bad analogy because I understand that French beer is piss, but you get my drift.
I was watching Dad's Army t'other night, and Captain Mainwaring was just waxing lyrical about the Maginot line and you had to think - yep, that about says it about the French.

Anonymous said...

OOh, I like a good mystery me, but I don't think Twatface could be gay because that'd make him too damn interesting. However, I'd like to think there was something in his closet, if only some really jangly old skeleton.

Sleepy said...

Tom Cruise is SO gay...
To quote Murray in the film Clueless..

"...He's a disco dancing, Oscar Wilde reading, Streisand ticket holding friend of Dorothy, Know what I'm saying?..."

Sassy.. If you have that book, I wouldn't mind a squint at it.