Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Float Like A Butterfly...

Tomorrow I’m off to London on a course to become an ABA Boxing Tutor.
I’m looking forward to the course but am really nervous about being the only female there. My friend Q, who is the Combined Services boxing coach and National coach for Dominica, has arranged it all for me. I will be travelling with a couple of his Navy guys, whom I don’t know. So all in all, I’m shitting a brick!
I’m not good in new situations or with new people but I don’t want to let Q down.
At the end of the course I will be able to go into Junior schools around the city and deliver the programme in after school clubs.
It’ll be fun to be back working with kids but I’m not too sure how I am with the younger ones. I will have to wait and see with that one.


Housemates.. I did say a while back that I would address the issue of the toilet.
Well, here we go.
Upon lifting the lid, I have been surprised by a ‘foreign’ jobbie twice this week.
If you manage to ‘lay a floater’, you stay with it until the cistern re-fills and you flush again. This process may need to be repeated. Several times.
If this doesn’t work. You are going to have to fill a bowl with water, flush and pour at the same time. The extra volume and weight of water may just help.
Failing that, you are going to have to break it’s back.
I don’t care how you achieve this, a stick or a hand, just get rid of it.
The same goes for those ‘melted’ ones at the bottom of the pan.
For those of you achieving ‘splash back’, guess where it goes?
YES! The underside of the seat!
There are cleaning products for the toilet. They are cunningly situated right… fucking… next… to… it! As is the bog brush.

I also see, we still haven’t learnt that a tea towel over a chicken carcass, doesn’t render it invisible to a cat. Ho Hum..

4 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Good luck! I'm sure that you will really enjoy your day!

On the log thing, thats nasty!!!

Sleepy said...

Thank you!

Innit!

Anonymous said...

Simmi, you'll be great, just think how you charmed the socks off you-know-who when I left.
'Part from that, anyone's nasty to you, and me, Chris and the lads'll go round and sort 'em out, sort of Dinsdale and Doug Piranha type of thing.
Bloody good luck. You will SERIOUSLY be fabulous. Don't forget the alamo, no, that's not right. DOn't forget to wear clean knickers? nope, Floss? nope, oh I know, Q CHOSE You and he did so for a reason and it's the same reason Crisp-e or I would choose you, not because you're our mate ( or in Pompey 'special grammar' "are mate") but because you are going to be BLOODY good at this.
xx

PS bjurqkdp - the seafood sauce you get on your sleeves while wearing traditional woman hating dress.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Thanks for the 'big up' mate. Much appreciated.

Burkha-dip! Love it