Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Brace Of Birthdays

I will begin with my composting horror.
For some reason I am the only one in the house who is able to open the back door and empty the indoor compost bin.
I wasn’t happy when the lid wouldn’t come off and was cursing Housemates under my breath.
Then, the instant Karma.
The seal was broken, there was a sucking sound, and the lid flew off in my hand and spattered my face with fucking Tiger Worms.
To say I was livid, is a little bit of an understatement.
I went mental.
Stuff was kicked.
You have no idea how difficult worm slime is to get off glasses.

I noticed two things while out shopping today.
There is no easy way to carry a 9 pack of toilet roll if there isn’t a handle and everyone stares at you, in an embarrassed way when you do.
I could understand it if it was a massive box of Tampax or Condoms.
I wanted to shout,
“What? WHAT? Your arse self cleaning then?”
Bloody people!
As if I wasn’t self conscious enough already!

Today the BIG little Brother is 20!
To be honest, I’m surprised he made it past 3.
When I think of the stuff my sister and I used to get him to do.
For entertainment purposes.
That’s one of the downsides of having older, borderline sadistic Sisters.
One of the upsides is when your birthday is on a Thursday, and you spunked all your money on an Infected Mushroom gig and drugs; one of them will buy booze and make sure you get mashed up.

He’s coming round later.

It is also the birthday of someone I have a lot of respect for and think a lot of.
Someone who has never cruised through anything.
Never had that luxury.
Someone who has to work twice as hard to achieve what the rest of us take for granted.
But he does it and through his relentless hard work, he achieves it.
For that he will always have my admiration.
Laurence, being 21 doesn’t make you a man.
You have been one for a while now.
Being 21 is when you start becoming a better man and from what I’ve seen, you are well on your way.
Happy Birthday Dred.

I also know he will be squirming and embarrassed if his Mum reads this to him.
Stop It!

This has caught my eye and raised a smile today.
Surly? The French? No? Really?

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

But I will, and thanks. We're taking him to the Memphis Diner on Commercial Drive so he's going to be well fed :)

Sleepy said...

Good Show!
At least he won't be on the 'pull' in the lesbian place!

I'm still not sure how I'm out and about with my Mum and the Lesbian.....
Translates into,
I'm bound to get laid!

I love that boy regardless!

Ana Jurney said...

yeah, what is up with the snickering anyway? I guess the little kid in all of us comes alive when we see anything having to do with restroom or bedroom politics and we start to snicker...or maybe I'm just immature. :)

Leigh Russell said...

eeeeeeuuuuuggggghhhhh!!!! That's for the compost... Happy sisterbirthday.