Sunday, December 16, 2007

Party, Bruising And DNA

Just a reminder to friends.
Don’t bother with knocking the door this week, it won’t be answered unless you text first.
We are about to enter ‘Hell Week’.
When every fecker, who already gets paid to do their job, will knock on the door and expect some sort of Christmas ‘bonus’ from me.
Carol singers can piss off too.
Tuneless bastards.
The singers, not the friends.

I found this today, which was a surprise because I was convinced he was dead.
I’ve always had the feeling that there is something just slightly ‘wrong’ about him though. I’m sure I saw a programme about his house and life in Sri Lanka; he was surrounded by young male servants.
Just a feeling.

Somehow I have managed to bruise the palm of my hand.
I did have an absolute skinful yesterday but don’t think I fell over and the knees of my jeans are clean.
The ultimate test.

Friends had a pre Christmas party.
I use the term ‘party’ loosely!
You know your mates are a bit older than you, when their ‘Chill Out’ room has the Ch4 Racing on.
Nobody smokes, they assume you have retired when you say you aren’t working and Jamie Cullum is a controversial choice for the stereo.
Had a fantastic time being inadvertently offensive with (Not to!) the guy with early onset Parkinson’s Disease.
(We met the party before and we had a great time telling each other our favourite Jew/Gay and Disabled jokes)

The bruising may have occurred when I had a total spaz out while trying to change a light bulb.
The hallway now has light but no lightshade.
Fucking up lighters, what is the point of them?!
Why the hell would I want to light up the poxy ceiling?
We no longer have one.

Watched the last ever Parkinson tonight.
Is it just me, or does Jamie Cullum look like he is a chromosome shy of a ‘condition’?
You know what I mean?
Like people who look like they have Downs Syndrome but they don’t.
He looks like he avoided Dwarfism by one letter in a sequence.
An A, G, C, or T in the wrong place can be the difference between boarding the Disorient Express to the ‘special school’, or a walk to the local Comp!
I include myself in that; although, I NEVER caught the Short Bus and the only people in my peer group with head protection, rode motorbikes!

This is my tune of the day. A blast from the past but still a cracker!

9 comments:

Crisp-e said...

How difficult can it be to change a light bulb?

P.S. Not a rhetorical question!

Sleepy said...

It would be fecking simple if either I or the chair, I was precariously balanced on, were and inch and a half taller!

Schneewittchen said...

Jamie Cullum??????

Sassygril said...

Yes, I note the not yet collected rubbish. This seems to suggest that the bin men will be round for their 'Christmas box'. I have additional waste outside my house due to people doing the dining room floor. If the lot miraculously vanishes...they get the geld :-)
And it is good to have the warning in case I decide to do spontaneous visit...

Sleepy said...

Schnee...Innit!

Sassy... Were they late? Didn't notice that.

Sassygril said...

BTW, we have ladders at the domus of Sassy. Fucking rock solid ones too. So fOr heaven's sake either purchase a good set (they are totally worth it) or come and borrow mine. I was persuaded when I found myself hanging from a door frame and kind sis bought me these beasts from B&Q as a pressie. Really light and easy to throw around, but totally solid.

Sleepy said...

I have ladders.
Just no patience!

Sassygril said...

Tools for the job my dear, tools for the job. Then your patience would not be so exercised and you would achieve your goals!

Going to Cameron Davis for eye stuff. A place with the world's worst reception staff. If I get out of there without under the breath swearing it will be a miracle.

And breathe...

Sleepy said...

They hate me in there!!!
I love it!