Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pain

I read in the local rag that my recent internet problems were down to routine maintenance that they managed to make a complete bollocks of.
Nice of them to let us know.
I don’t suppose they will be offering any compensation; it would be nice to think that they’d let us have a movie for free.

I am in a world of spasming pain.
My back went on me as I was picking up the laundry basket.
There was a ‘click’ and everything seized up.
It makes ordinary tasks a complete trial.
Coughing and sneezing are dreadful.
Sitting on the toilet is a ten minute activity. Walking there takes just as long.
Getting in and out of the shower is a 2 person job, which would be fun if it wasn’t such agony.
Throwing empty cigarette packets at the fire is an absolute no-no, unless you want to shout loud enough to freak the cat right out.

The gathering last night was a great laugh.
Sassy and Schnee got to meet each other at last and enough wine was imbibed to count as ALL of our 5 a day fruits for some time to come.
I fell up the stairs but was lucky enough to wake up hangover free.
Unlike some other poor unfortunates.

4 comments:

Ana Jurney said...

geeezzz...sorry to hear about your back...i hope you feel better real soon!!

Sleepy said...

It'll be fine, big painkillers!

Schneewittchen said...

ERk on the back, major bummer.
Kevin has finally recovered - I'm astounded that you had no hangover, unless it the hangover demon decided it would be a good wheeze to focus all the pain in your back.
Your body's ability to process humungous quantities of alcohol and pharmaceuticals should be studied. The world could benefit. (Even tho in general the world doesn't deserve such riches).

Sleepy said...

I'd like to say it was years of practise and self denial but, I fear, I was actually born like this!