Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Matter Of Taste

Does anybody else smell a rat with this bloke?
It seems odd he turns up not long after the wife sells up, what looked like a substantial property, and buggers off abroad.
I wonder if his life insurance has recently paid out.
Just a thought.

Since Housemate Claire’s Diabetes diagnosis, food experimentation has commenced in Sleepy Mansions.
I won’t beat around the sugar free bush - It’s shite.
Diabetic flapjacks are what I’d imagine munching a tampon to be like.
There is endless chewing but you never really get to the feeling where you want to swallow.
Although Mad Matt seems to like them, but I think he was brought up on coal.
Wholemeal everything presents its own problems, like being able to crap through the eye of a needle at 30 paces.
Wholemeal scones look like those fake rocks you hide the spare key in and wholemeal Pasta never seems to reach a point where it is actually ‘cooked’.
Neither does brown rice, not that I like rice. Horrible stuff.
I want sweeties.
I never used to but I do now.
In the last few days have developed a serious Crunchie habit.

Hanukkah starts at sundown tomorrow so remember to get something oily in to eat.
I recommend a big bag of doughnuts and knocking up some Latkes.
Yummers.

The question of the day came up in conversation with Sassy.
“Why do I always think old people are going to be well spoken?”

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

There was a whole Hanukkah section in Bloomingdale's, you'd be amazed at how many well-made but lame toys you can buy. There was even something called the 'Really Big Box of Hanukkah Toys'. Also, there was an absolutely ginormous Menorah in Union Square, I'll post the pic when I get my act together, prolly tomorrow.

Sleepy said...

Cool! Look forward to the pic!