Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Disasters And The 'Dam

Yesterday started disastrously.
While taking the recycling to the bin the front door slammed and locked me out in monsoon conditions.
I leant on the doorbell for ten minutes before it became obvious that there was no way Housemate Pat was going to let me in.
Sassy was at work so I couldn’t get hold of the spare keys.
Mrs Next Door With The Kids let me stand in her garden yelling at Pat’s bedroom window.
I had the best Mike Reid “Eastenders” ‘PAT!’ moment.
She eventually got up and trying not to swear in front of the children, I asked her if she could let me in.
She wasn’t happy but I was soaked to my underwear and really couldn’t give a shit.

My next disaster was potato related.
While carrying an armful of spuds to the kitchen one dropped.
Instinctively I volleyed it, attempting a kind of ‘keepie uppie’, hoping to catch it.
I connected with it so sweetly it flew up, at great speed, and hit me straight between the fucking eyes.
My glasses flew off into one of the buckets of water filled with torn newspaper and my nose bled like I’d opened an artery.
I decided it was probably better if I didn’t leave the house.

I cooked a curry and Sassy and the Random One joined us for the scoffage.
Then the Big little brother arrived. With mates.
I always love my brother’s friends they are so diverse and a great laugh.
He is 21 during the early days of December.
We are going to AMSTERDAM to celebrate!
Oh Yes!
This will mean I have had a ‘Dam trip with both of my brothers.
Fucking excellent!

Today I have some sort of bug.
Without going into too much detail, it’s one of those bugs that requires your arse and head to be over the pan at the same time.
I chose arse on bog and head in a bucket.
Most distressing.

7 comments:

Grey Area said...

I made briquettes once - years ago when I lived in London, bought the machine in December....they didn't actually dry out until next spring.

probably something to do with my wrist action.

Sleepy said...

I know! They take ages.
They are piled, like soggy Jenga, in the airing cupboard!

Crisp-e said...

Mate, when it rains it pours but at least there is a rainbow on the horizon!

Speaking of which, I hope the 'Dam' weather holds up for you Sleepy. Every time I've stepped foot in that city the weather has been abominable. Think: bastard child of a Siberian winter and an Asian monsoon and you're almost there!! However, our dutch cousins make up for it in so many ways!

Sleepy said...

You totally had the wrong coat when we went!
Christ it was fecking cold!

Crisp-e said...

LOL! I think my comment was something like: "This coat is totally insufficient for this kind of weather". In a stoned Terry Jones voice. LMAO! You looked like 'Kenny' from south park!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sleepy said...

That's exactly what you said!
I had dressed for the elements although I was partially blinded by some of your attire!

Schneewittchen said...

*shakes head* she`s gotta go....