Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strictly Panic

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of Strictly Come Dancing but I’ve watched bits and pieces of a few series.
This time round I’ve had a look because of John Sergeant.
He isn’t the greatest mover but he has a go and his efforts are amusing.
Now all the judges are up in arms because ‘better’ dancers are getting voted of and apparently this ‘makes a mockery of the competition’.
Well, ’duh’!
He was obviously asked to do it because the producers of the show wanted him to make a dick of himself.
The judges are turning up on all sorts of news and chat programmes whining that he should be voted out.
Fuck off! He’s the best thing in it!
I really hope the British public keep him in. I think people look at him and think, ‘Aah, he could be my Granddad or Dad’.
His Paso Doble has got to be one of the greatest TV moments ever!
Check out the moves at about 18 seconds in. Described as looking as though he was taking the recycling out!
Gold! Pure Gold!
I’ve never voted in any TV related thing before but John Sergeant has my vote every time!
Sassy sent me this!

Laugh? I nearly hurt myself!
I have often tried to explain to people how incomprehensible my Dad’s Dad sounded.
He’d say something and we would look at Gran for a translation!
If the old bastard wasn’t dead I would swear he did the voice over for these!

I’m in a bit of a panic.
My passport runs out in February and to travel it has to have three months on it.
I’m not sure whether to risk sending off for a new one and keep fingers crossed its back in time for the ‘Dam trip or to try and travel on it and hope they don’t notice.
I feel sick and a bit stressed.

A moody Wiltshire sunset for you to look at!

5 comments:

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

you are totally right about John - he was brought on for comic relief, it is a Saturday Night entertainment show - so many of the contestants as desperate to make stars of themselves - I have a particular hatred of Rachel Stephens, so its good that the public, WHO PAY THE LICENSE FEE, are voting for John.

rant over, hides Daily Mail under sofa!

Crisp-e said...

Sleepy: thats a beauty! pic is perfectly cut in two.

John Sergeant is Jo Brand.

Sassygril said...

Why don't you ring the passport office and ask? If you have to get a new one, from my recollection, they were pretty quick.

Great photo - and I've gone back to the clip several times and laughed til I cried.

Yer dinner's oot, bawbag...

Schneewittchen said...

The UK passport office do a guaranteed two week turn around through the Post Office.
I don't think you'd have any problem going to Europe though anyway, god only knows why you still have to have one to go to the continent, you can travel across country borders when you get there without anything, so why do Brits have to have them?

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, duh, yes. *Bangs own forehead* You only need to have three plus months left because you can't stay longer than that legally in many countries without a visa. In other EU countries, you can stay as long as you want, go and live and work if you like.