Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ink And Auras

The trip to get more printer ink was painless.
Sassy accompanied me and we took the opportunity for a swift coffee in the Café Distress.
One of the great things about our ‘fugees is the café culture they have brought with them.
Today, The Distress looked as if it was predominately Bulgarian.
They were definitely Eastern European because I couldn’t pick out anything recognisable in what they were saying.
Loathed as I am to say it, Latin HAS had its uses, unlike the physical assault as a teaching method, that hasn’t been much of a boon at all.
There were about 10 dark, stocky men who greeted each other with handshakes and shoulder punching.
One took up the ‘Tony Soprano’ position and the rest arranged themselves deferentially around him.
For some reason I really wanted them to produce a chess set or a deck of cards.
I was amused that he was drinking a cappuccino with lots of froth and chocolate.

The Sassy one needed to collect dry cleaning so I ended up waiting for her in the ‘hippy, crystal, self-help book, Enya and whale song’ shop.
I don’t go in there often because the moment I cross the threshold I feel bewildered.
The yoga practising, tofu eating, wild haired women who work in there feel the need to follow me and tell me what the labelled thing I‘m looking at is.
In Europe all the shopkeepers immediately presume I’m local and speak to me in ‘gibberish’, here they all presume I’m a thief.
Do shoplifters wear a look of bewilderment as cover I wonder?
Their suspicion interferes with my Chi and gets my Chakras all feisty.
Fortunately, a couple who looked like they had been sharing a can of Tennant’s Super came in and I was abandoned amongst the Rose Quartz and Pythagorean Tuning Forks.
Sassy came to the rescue and we giggled at the CD of ‘Chill Out Music for Nervous Dogs’, before escaping with our Aura’s unmolested.

I have put the new ink in the printer but it insists there is fuck all there and keeps telling me to replace the cartridges.
Screaming, “I fucking well HAVE you bastard!” at it, then at the computer, does absolutely fuck all to resolve the situation.
The sooner we get technology I can talk to/shout out and it just does it, the better.

I’m pissed off with Nigella.
She has been showing us her Christmas shit on BBC2.
Surprisingly, given my ‘anything with a pulse’ reputation, I don’t find her remotely attractive.
What’s pissing me off is the way she is always filmed as if we are spying on her.
Making us into peeping toms.
Fuck off BBC, if I chose to stalk someone it wouldn’t be Nigella!
Besides, I’m too easily distracted to follow someone around.

9 comments:

Grey Area said...

How funny - I was just about to write a really angry post about epson ink cartridges!!!

Sleepy said...

Too freaky!
I blame the hippy shop!

Sassygril said...

So do I. That labradoritis gemstone stuff has interfered with the cat's yin and yang...she's letting me stroke her without recourse to savage attempts at biting. Worrying.

Janis Hindman said...

Oh, I SO must go to the hippy shop when I'm there in January.

Nigella really, really pissed me off with her awful 'Nigella Express' series. It was neither one thing or the other. She was measuring in cups and heating in Fahrenheit, so no use to the British market, then using ingredients I KNOW you can get in Sainsbury's, but can only get by mail order over here. No use to woman nor beast.

Ohmydeargoodgod. I've heard of the Chinese water torture, but the bloody Chinese snow torture is WAY more annoying. Scrape, scrpae, soddin scrape. Sorry, bit random I know, but the noise is driving me insane!

Sleepy said...

Janis.. Check out 'depesando's' Nigella rant.
Quality!

Artemesia said...

Nigella's a fraud. I miss the Two Fat Ladies and their hedgehog meatloaf.
A

Some Chilean Woman said...

'The sooner we get technology I can talk to/shout out and it just does it, the better' -Ha! I always say that right after I punch my computer monitor!

Sleepy said...

Artemesia.. I know! I loved those two.
Clarissa's series with Johnny Scott was good but I miss Jennifer.

Somechileanwoman.. Oh yes, I use the punching method but I call it Percussive Maintainence!

Sassygril said...

I have just read 'depesando's' Nigella rant. This is sensational and I am just soooo relieved that a man has ssid all of this because if a woman did, we would just be accused of being jealous. Which I am not, by the way. If I had tits like those, I would have had a reduction op years ago. Woman needs to go on a bloody diet and stop eating her atrociously poor quality scran. And rest...