Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sneezing Sunday

I read somewhere in the last couple of days that sneezing is linked to sex.
That thinking about it brings on the sneezing or something.
I’d link to it if I could be in any way arsed.
I have been very sneezy today and each time, I thought,
‘Oh that’s linked to sex.. Was I thinking about sex just then?’
I had a ponder.
‘No! I was thinking how boring the WBA v Manchester City game was. Was I thinking about sex now? Yes. Yes, I was. Thanks a fucking bunch!”
I think there is a flaw in their research but I haven’t read the article properly.
Either way I started to have thoughts, of an impure nature, about the Polish woman at Mass and because I flicked past an episode, Captain Janeway and Seven of Nine.
A bit later on it was Celia Imrie, how wrong is that? Celia Imrie? Where did that come from?
But she does have absolutely magnificent tits.
I haven’t sneezed since I started thinking about sex though.

I’ve watched two cracking films today.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding and A Matter Of Life And Death.
In the first, everything is cured using Windex and spit roast lamb.
In the second, David Niven just expects heaven to look like England and to join a queue, “I wonder where I report?”
Both are brilliant; but you have to admit that they knew how to do colour in 1946.
It also reminds me of the time when I lived with the Grandparents and life was ‘perfect’.

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Everything is linked to sex, ergo, sneezing must be. Maybe more than six degrees of separation tho.

Sleepy said...

Everything?
I got hiccups once while I was.....
Suffice it to say it was inopportune.

Grey Area said...

Matter of Life and Death s one of the 10 best films ever made - it almost makes want to believe in heaven again....almost. It looks wonderful, and all that admin!!! You are right about the colour - it's spectacular - the only film from that period that beats it is Black Narcissus ( I bet you like that one )

Kim Hunter - who played his beautiful girlfriend, ended up as the lady Chimp married to a hairy Roddy McDowell in Planet of The Apes

Sleepy said...

Definitely in my top 20 films.
Yes, I do like Black Narcissus!
Nuns and repressed sexuality are always a winner with me!

Kateryna said...

These old wives tales!

When I think of sneezing I think we are now 5 short of the 7 dwarfs.

well it was funnier in my head.

Sleepy said...

Kateryna.. Worked for me!