Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Manic Monday

Monday was a really weird day.
Housemate Pat’s doctor called and said that she needed to go into hospital.
She started to tell me what was wrong but I managed to stop her at ‘uterus’.
The point of this call was to tell me I needed to get there, in a taxi, with her packed bag and take her.
My response was along the lines of,
‘What! Me? Are you mad? Why? I’m just her landlady!’
I ended up agreeing to go and set about packing a bag.
I’ve never packed a bag for a hospital stay in my life!
ATM or my Grandmother did that.
I remembered it involved buying slippers and Pears soap but that was about it.
She couldn’t have chosen a more inappropriate person for the task.
It’ll be like a Lucky Dip for her when she does open it!
There definitely are slippers and soap in there; I’m too traumatised by trying to find her underwear to remember anything else for sure.
I got her there and booked in, then wanted to leave.
The nurse led her to a bed and as I had her bag, I had no choice but to follow.
I started to get really worried when the curtain was pulled behind me.
“You can sit over there” I was told.
“Can I fuck!” she was told.
I slung the bags on the bed and escaped.
An hour later I was told they were keeping her in.
I was out of there! Almost bathing in the hand wash that smells of vodka.

I went for a mooch around the cemetery opposite for an hour to try and clean the hospital off me.
I pitched up at Housemate Claire’s office to eat my sarnie in the warm.
Then I marched to Crisp-e’s to vent my spleen.
Thanks for that mate.

The ‘Dam trippers dropped by this evening to have a smoke and sort out the arrangements.
We had a smoke.
No arrangements were made.
Unless you count the discovery that three of us can use the same ‘phone charger!
Jupiter and Venus have been getting up to something complicated which made the night sky breathtaking.
It looked exactly like the cover of the Peter Pan book I had as a kid.
A sliver of a Crescent Moon with the brightest star just below the lower point.
It's the only time I've wanted a sooper dooper telephoto lens.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Crikey, whatever Jupiter and Venus are doing might look pretty, but it's clearly messing with your shakras or somat. Seems like more of yesterday's inappropriateness. Nonetheless, I hope she's ok.
Cemeteries are such cool places.

Sleepy said...

It's not as good a boneyard as The Highland Rd one.
Although, it does have an uncle of mine (Didn't find him) and Buster Crabbe.

Crisp-e said...

Mate, was good to see you. Jupiter and venus?

Sleepy said...

Yep.. The two bright 'stars' by the moon last night.