Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Catch

Today is my Step Mum’s 60th birthday.
Unfortunately, I thought it was tomorrow and that’s when I’ve arranged for the flowers arrive.
My Dad’s ‘Father’s Day’ books turned up though which has made me feel like a right bastard.
On the subject of Dad; this is the photo my brother sent to my phone with the caption:

“We couldn’t afford a Chippendale for Mum’s birthday, so we got her this instead!”

It takes a certain kind of man to carry off braces with a pair of shorts and I’m proud to say, my father is just such a man!
I was visiting Crisp-e at the time and we cracked up.
He likes my Dad and is fascinated by his ability to be horrifically rude to people, without having an underlying ‘condition’ to blame.
I’m sure, if he were at school now he’d be diagnosed with everything they could think of.
As it was, he left at 14 with a couple of tattoos, all his teeth and eventually learned to read and write in prison.

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

There's really...no answer to that. But I'm worrying about whether you've yet slept?
(Or sleeped as our friends to the south probably say)((south of Canada))

Sleepy said...

No. There isn't.

Yes thanks, I got 5 hours this morning.

Some Chilean Woman said...

I want to adopt your dad.

Sleepy said...

SCW.. That's your future my friend!
This is what happens to Kilt wearing types eventually!

Leigh Russell said...

I can't cope without sleep...

Sleepy said...

Leigh.. I suppose it's what you get used to.
I was born not sleeping and they started drugging me for it around 3 years old!