Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday...

Unusually, Mrs Next Door Without The Kids was home from work and out in her garden today.
So, during our ‘hellos’ her health was asked after.
“I have ‘flu.” I was told.
Followed up with the most stomach churning sentence ever.
“I am showing the symptoms for Swine Flu, so they are testing me for it.”
There is not really a reply for that so I stepped back and said, “Oh”.
They got back from a 2 month tour of Hong Kong and the Philippines at the end of May.
I would have thought it would have declared itself a bit sooner; unless she came back ‘clean’ and picked it up here or she just has ‘flu.
What ever it is I’ll be keeping the fuck away from all the inhabitants next door.

It’s just been announced that Michael Jackson is dead.
I wonder what happens to ‘his’ children now.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

In my experience, people who have any kind of flu whatsoever, can't normally hold much of a conversation about it, nor walk outside the back door, nor...be upright.

Grey Area said...

I don't have flu...I feel a bit left out....

Do you reckon Madonna will snap up Jacko's kids?

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. So true.

Depesando.. Oh, I think she and Brangelina will be fighting over them!

Grey Area said...

"like women at a shoe sale"

Some Chilean Woman said...

So funny Richard! We all know Madonna would love to have kids named Prince in her family.