Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday 22nd June 2009

Yesterday was the longest day of the year and Christ it felt like it.
I spent hours in the garden and even though it was mainly cloudy with sporadic sun, I’ve managed to get some colour.
I’ve done something to the tendon in my arm though, turning my wrist causes pain to shoot up my forearm.
A real pisser when you’ve just picked up a boiling pan of pasta.


Check out the tomato selection!
Don’t even start to laugh at the Actimel pots.
If I didn’t wear glasses I could have blinded myself, twice.
Gardening while stoned, although a mellow experience, can be a bit frigging dangerous.
Also in the photo is some Garlic, Beetroot, Fig, Blackcurrant, Rocket and some Thyme.

This has given me endless giggles.
Simple things and all that.

This is what the Solstice is all about!

9 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

'Ironing the sacred smurf', *adolescent giggles*

Hmm...now I feel short-changed on the Solstice celebrating.

Sleepy said...

I know! It's cracking isn't it?!

The Random One came round and we spent time under the moon!

Shazza said...

Hello there. I stumbled upon your blog somehow and wanted to thank you for the Euphemism Generator! "you've should have see him washing the wombat!"

Sleepy said...

Shazza, welcome.
It's superb!

'This is not an appropriate place for spray painting the wax minnow'.

Some Chilean Woman said...

Oooh Solstice, that looks awesome! Sometimes I wish I lived closer to y'all.

Sleepy said...

SCW... When you and the Scotsman do your tour of the UK, you'll have to drop by.
You would have loved Cinco de Beltane!

Schneewittchen said...

Ohmygod, by 'under the moon', you don't mean.....Random DID keep his skiddies on didn't he?

Sleepy said...

Oh yes! I was most insistent.

Some Chilean Woman said...

Oh Sleepy, I keep having these dreams where I win the lottery and then I treat myself with a UK vacation! Someday, someday...