Saturday, June 07, 2008

Euro Birthday

Today is Sassy’s birthday!
This evening we have celebrated with what can only be described as, ‘Traditional English Birthday Tapas’.
The stuff of our youth. Check it out!
Shipham’s paste sandwiches, cheese and pineapple on sticks, jelly, blancmange, ice cream, Fairy cakes and all the trimmings.
Most importantly chocolate fingers!
Housemate Claire made a Madeira cake but we were all too bloated to attempt it.


Joy abounds at Sleepy Mansions.
My football void is filled, for a few weeks at least.
Euro 2008 started today.
I’m kind of relieved England didn’t qualify, there’s no stress; or any of the other home nations come to that.
It’s worse if a couple of them are in, all of a sudden people start claiming Scottish, Welsh, and Irish heritage out of the blue.
“But your surname is Singh?!”
‘Yeah. We’re the Dublin/Cardiff/Glasgow Singh’s innit? One of the Uncles emigrated from Slough.’
I have decided to follow the Czech Republic, Croatia and Poland.
The ‘Tractor Factory’ teams as Sassy calls them.
Although I did notice there were a disturbing number of ‘headbands’ on show in the Czech team.
A bit of a worry.

The Big little Brother came round last night.
We smoked, drank, philosophised, exchanged music and I took photos of him playing my guitar.
I took a shot of my Grandfather strumming on his guitar in 1988; I wanted to see if I could get an almost identical shot of his Grandson 20 years later.
I think I have almost got it.
I’ll scan the other one and frame them up together for him.

7 comments:

Sassygril said...

A great day. Birthday and football. Nowt better. I feel a sense of calm now that the football balance has been restored - Fecking hate the closed season.

Sleepy said...

Most depressing time of the year for me.

Schneewittchen said...

Nooooo! I thought I was going to be there for Sassy's b'day!
What the 'eck, Happy Birthday Sassy-one kenobi!

Sassygril said...

Well, as with all good birthdays, we'll just extend it until you arrive, Schnee!

Sleepy said...

'Tis true! Birthdays around here tend to keep on giving for sometime!

Schneewittchen said...

Ah yes, of course :)) 'Twill in any case be in the blink of an eye and I shall be there.

Sleepy said...

Whoo Hoo!