Monday, June 30, 2008

After The Weekend

To say that I ‘bashed the granny’ out of this weekend would be a slight understatement.
It was positively caned!
Saturday the Usual Suspects were gathered to eat, booze and see Schnee and Kev while they visit from Canada.
My Big little brother, failing to learn from past lessons, tried to ‘medicine’ me.
Silly, silly lad!
After the sixth E the boy knew he was beaten!
Although, I was impressed with his capacity for Vodka.
It definitely runs in the family.

Sunday I had a lovely gentle day with Schnee and her family.
The Grandkids are an absolute delight and a joy to be around.
Gorgeous and well behaved.
Spot on.

I ended up watching Wimbledon today, specifically Andy Murray.
I’m not a great fan of tennis having been put off by ATM in my childhood.
When we got home from school during Wimbledon fortnight, the curtains would be drawn, ATM would be sat in front of the TV and there would be 70p on the shelf in the hall with the instruction, “Go to the chip shop”.
For a fortnight my sister and I lived off chips and curry sauce.
We would have killed for a Turkey Twizzler!
The up side was that it was a good time to get her to sign stuff you didn’t want read too closely, like report cards and detention permission slips!

Apparently it is going to be one of the hottest days of the year tomorrow, so I’m seeing a day in the garden in my future.

1 comment:

Schneewittchen said...

Wimbledon fortnight was definately a barren two weeks for me as a kid too. No TV while it was on, and like you said, curtains in the living room drawn. NEVER saw the appeal.