Monday, June 23, 2008

A Smiley Day

This morning I didn’t mind being woken up!
Schnee and Kev were on my doorstep safe and sound from Canada.
Troops, gird your loins for the weekend.
We are partying.

Sassy and I ventured down to Waitrose, with a stop at WHSmith.
She is a terrible influence, on top of the 5 books that are in the queue to be read, I now have two more.
So, using that ‘secret gay serum’ that the Right Wing are convinced we all possess, I made her buy a toolbox!
More disturbingly, she is really happy with it.
I’ll have her discussing power tools in the most reverent tones before she knows it.

The Sleepy Mansions Urban Allotment is starting to serve its purpose.
I pulled some rhubarb, just enough for one, so Sassy has had that.
Then this evening, Mrs Next Door without the Kids leant over the wall holding out a bowl and asked for some Rocket Leaves.
Excellent!
Sassy also has three nice big flower beds that were doing nothing.
One is now home to three tomato plants and two more will house courgettes!

Check this out.
Elle magazine of all places.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

The Sleepy Mansions Urban Allotment Project is brilliant. Made me remember that you can't keep Brits from growing stuff.

Sleepy said...

That's because we are all partial to something for nothing!

Schneewittchen said...

I like to believe that it's because the Britons of Pampam's era are still around.

Leigh Russell said...

Better to have a queue of books waiting to be read than to feel like reading and not have anything waiting.

Sleepy said...

Schnee..The Dig For Victory generation.
I didn't realize how much I had learned and retained from watching the Auld Feller!

Leigh.. Good to see you!
You are so right about the books. They are dotted all over the house at the moment.
I am keeping an eye out for yours! And waiting for the latest John Connelly to come out in paperback.

Word Verification.. crywax